60csx Waypoint Upload With Mac?

for about a year I have been using the keyspan usb to serial adapter with my 60cs, today I bought the 60csx and can't upload the waypoints from my mac, it sees the gps, but the waypoints don't upload... anyone using a mac and the 60csx, will the usb cable work? help!

I use MacGPSPro to upload/download to my GPSMap60C with the USB Cable. It works nicely...sort of. The software does tend to freeze up after one transfer. i.e. if you want to transfer both waypoints & tracklogs, it works best to shut down the software and reboot the GPS between them. YMMV with the other receiver, but for now, it work for me to transfer.

One thing I do like about MacGPSPro is that I purchased their Michigan Topo CD. That works VERY nicely. Obviously the maps are not Garmin so they can't be loaded into the GPS. But I have used the TOPO maps to create waypoints & routes that I can transfer to the GPSr to use later. That works nicely, with the previous caveat about the USB connection freezing. You can also download tracklogs from the GPSr and display them, and waypoints, over USGS Topo maps.

When Garmin puts out Mapsource for OSX, I will get it and see if I like it better for waypoint management. But I will probably still use MacGPSPro for the computer based Topo work.

Andy, yours is a very timely post. *Just today* I sent off an e-mail to the folks at MacGPS Pro asking if there's any way around that one-shot-and-reset glitch with the 60csx. So while I'm waiting to hear back from them, I'll throw the question out here: Is there any way to batch upload waypoints or geocaches to a 60csx using MacGPS Pro? I've got about 20-25 geocaches (in Michigan as it happens) that I'd like to keep handy on the unit, and it's really tedious cycling the power *and* MacGPS Pro after every one of them.

If not MacGPS Pro, can this be done with any other program under OS X 10.3 or 10.4 (or Virtual PC for that matter)?

Thanks to any and all.