Search Options

StfRon

I am I guess a little confused about how to search for a possible cache. For example, say we were planning a trip to a state park, and wanted to have a list of caches that are hidden in that park, is there a way to do this?

Edited by StfRon

I am I guess a little confused about how to search for a possible cache. For example, say we were planning a trip to a state park, and wanted to have a list of caches that are hidden in that park, is there a way to do this?

I generally use Google Earth to scope out the area. If you don't have Google Earth, then you could enter the zip code and pan around with the built in geoaching.com map. If you aren't a premium member, then you could become a premium member :laughing: One other option is to go to the cache page for the cahe that is hidden in the park. From the cache page, click on map (this will center the park on the map) and then you can locate caches near the park.

I'm sure there are many other ways too..

Using a tool such as Google Earth or one of the other mapping utilities, locate the park on a map and obtain it's Coordinates. (You may have to do some unit conversion). With the coordinates in hand, you can do an advanced search from the main search page and specific the coordinates as the center point of your search.

As an alternative, if you happen to know of a cache in the area you are headed to, you can simply bring up that cache description and then from that page select the link to display all nearby caches that you haven't found.