Cannot Edit A "temporarily Disable Listing" Log Entry

DocDiTTo

I just disabled one of my caches, and as soon as I did I saw a typo, but the web site wouldn't allow me to edit that log entry to fix it. I'm told I have to choose a different log type (other than "temporarily disable listing") but I can't change that log type on the edit screen, and I'm told that "You can't use this log type when the listing is disabled."

In other words, you can't post a disable listing log for an already disabled cache, even if it's just an edit to a previous log entry, so there appears to be no way to edit a "disable cache" log entry to correct typos.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I did a *very* quick search but didn't find anything on it.

Edited by DocDiTTo

I just disabled one of my caches, and as soon as I did I saw a typo, but the web site wouldn't allow me to edit that log entry to fix it. I'm told I have to choose a different log type (other than "temporarily disable listing") but I can't change that log type on the edit screen, and I'm told that "You can't use this log type when the listing is disabled."

In other words, you can't post a disable listing log for an already disabled cache, even if it's just an edit to a previous log entry, so there appears to be no way to edit a "disable cache" log entry to correct typos.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I did a *very* quick search but didn't find anything on it.

I'm sure the thread I started here must be referring to the same root cause although I experienced this phonomenon on an "Archive" log for an event cache.

TPTB have, so far, declined to respond :ph34r: