Multiple Cache Challenges At The "sjg Byrne-out" May 12-14

tneigel

Hi,

Well, there should be a lot of fun and challenging caches at this event. Cache and door prizes, eats, fun, and the entire Byrne State Park group campsites to ourselves (accommodates 90+ campers). You miss it, and all you'll hear about is the fun "everyone else had."

In addition to the door prizes, 50/50's, give aways, campfire, there are several new caches in the area, including now 5 night caches (3 new) and a few other caches about. Plenty of new Paddle-too caches out on the Mullica and Batsto rivers with more to come. Many schedule events. Rain or shine.

$9 per person pre reg - $10 at the event - Includes a custom "SJG Byrne-Out 06" one of a kind Button.

Link

The big fun will be the 2 Challenge Caches. One designed specifically for one of South Jerseys most famous cachers, "LavaRock", and another for everyone.

Names:

1 The "Lava Challange": we will watch lava test his endurance in this 1 hour endurance 6 parter to obtain his "One of a kind - 6 button - LAVAROCK buttons"

2 The "URINE CHALLENGE": Multipe stage, multiple specimen container challenge for one and all. what else would I do with 470! urine containers.

Read the 2 descriptions below:

1 ====="The Lava Challenge" for the Byrne-Out 06"======

Lava, a challenge has been set forth for you at the campout on Saturday. This is one worthy of your skills (FTF, accelerated method of getting to the cache, and extreme determination). The Lava Challenge will be one to show your stuff, and challenge you as well. Its a race, a race designed specifically for you, to do on your own. You have to beat the clock, and beat your self on this one. Your potential prize "6 custom -one of a kind -SJG Byrne-Out 06 - LAVAROCK" 2.5" sig button set, designed specifially for you!

If that is, you ARE up to THE CHALLENGE!!!

!!!!!!THE LAVA CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 6 buttons, and 6 hidden tags. The first 5 are all in the surrounding area. You must go on foot and find these yourself. Each one in turn, 1 through 5. When you have found all five tags, bring them back to the campground and claim the 5 custom LAVA buttons. Its that easy. They are all close, in resonably plain site, and can be grabbed and taken with. IF YOU ARE UP TO IT, you must get all 5 buttons and be back at the campground in 1 hour absolutely. If you think you cannot make all 5 in time, you must still get back to the campground within one hour to claim your buttons. When you get back, you can take a break. 'While' on your trek, the gang at the campground shall hide your 6th button! They can hide it how they like and its up to you to find it.

rules:

anyone can tag along, and most of us will, but 'YOU ALONE' must find all 5 tags to get your buttons. If you don't get them all, the coordinates will be released to the group after the hour, and they can claim any unfound tags for the buttons that remain. It took me 40-50 minutes to make the loop, hide each one tag, take cords, and get back to the campground. Most can be seen from 20 feet away, so the numbers are general and all they need be, to get you there. One is tricky and hidden but still in plain site. YOU MUST get back to the campsite A in one HOUR.

So, I ask you LAVAROCK......

Can you make it within the hour and get all 5 buttons? (Will you lose a button to another?)

Can you find button number 6 - hidden by the group specifically to stump you!

Are you! up to the LAVA CHALLENGE and can you do it?

LAVA,, Again I ask you?

DEAL,.........

or

NO DEAL?....................

2 ======The URINE CHALLENGE"==============

The general concept of this is borrowed from a famous cacher ?, or two... Joel, or three ... wheelin, or 5 dbnb...

Multi-stage:Non-Linear:Each stage contains multiple containers, containing a strange liquid.

Within each container is a peice of Rite in the Rain waterproof paper. One container (out of many in that location) contains the correct hint or purhaps the coords to the next stage. You have to examine each item and read the paper inside. Luckily you don't have to open it. The paper floats inside.

There may be nothing on the paper, a valid hint, a misdirection, or coords. You should probably look at all

the containers to ensure you got all the clues. There could be coords or hints to 2 or more other stages.

With the full info to the next stage in hand, you are off. Maybe you don't need to go to each stage in turn, maybe one way to the end is quicker then the next. Should you do it along. Should you split into teams. Who knows.Fun, engaging for a group, and nothing entirely new of course.

One stage may be a big bucket full of containers. Another may be containers dispersed around (labeled for example 2 of 5, 4 of 5, etc.)

One small tiny thing to note. Even though the containers are, well, urine containers, they are supposed to be sealed tightly. Sometimes, just sometimes, they may leak, thus making the entire batch a bit sticky, smelly, and may xxxx you off. Oh, some containers could have "other kinds of specimens" in them as well - DOAH!

That my friends, is the

"URINE CHALLENGE"

Deal,

Or ....

NO DEAL.............

WOW! After reading about these challenges, I'm glad that I was one of the first few to sign-up and pay to go to this event! I totally can't wait to see lava hunt for his buttons! :huh:

Urine Challenge? :) DEAL! I'll do it! Can always wash my hands when we're done! :unsure: