Garmin 60cs Vs 60csx Locking On Satellites

I know there have been threads on this forum about the 60CSx vs other models., but I have not seen this concern addressed. I have read that the 60CSx picks up satellites and holds them better than the CS. I thought the only difference between these 2 was the memory card capability on the CSx. I live in New England and I want a unit that will work under our thick summer foliage. Getting those Satellites is my main objective, not the extra memory. Is there an advantage to the CSx? Has anyone used both?

The 60CSx has the SiRF III chip set which is reputed to be better at locking onto faint signals.

In layman's terms, my understanding is that the regular chip solves the equation for your position based upon signals from four satellites. It then tries to improve position accuracy by comparing the signals from any other satellites it is receiving and adjusting position slightly to give the best reading.

The SiRF III takes the same signals, and says to itself (figurative), "What if the signal I am getting from satellite 3 is really being bounced off of a wall 100 meters away? What if signal number 7 is being interfered with in a certain way in the ionosphere?" It asks these questions, and makes corrections, millions of times a second. The result is better accuracy, even when signal strength is marginal.

There is a nice comparison here.