Waymarks Looking For A Category

I keep thinking of locations which I just know would make great waymarks, but I can't quite figure out which existing or potential category would be the right fit.

So I thought I'd open up a discussion for people who are finding cool things or places to waymark, but don't know where these potential waymarks should, or could go. Perhaps we can brainstorm some new category ideas in kind of a backwards fashion.

Here's an example: The Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden at the Springfield Museums. This interesting place is a collection of sculptures honoring the work of Theodor Seuss Geisel. This cool place should be waymarked. But under what category or categories, new or existing, would it best fit?

Post your 'Waymarks Looking for a Category' here if you would like others to suggest potential categories into which your cool place might fit, or post your suggestions to help out those of us with homeless Waymarks.

You've hit on a problem that I have commented on before; namely, that the present process of setting up of categories is such a random, scatter-shot process, that there are large uncategorized gaps into which many potential waymarks fall. A taxonomy of waymarks needs to be set up so every potential waymark has a category it fits into.

I don't think that we need a complete taxonomy. I think the tree will fill itself out over time.

But I'd rather this thread didn't turn into another discussion of what's wrong with Waymarking. I was hoping to create an opportunity for people to discuss specific interesting 'Waymark-worthy' places they've encountered so that we could brainstorm category ideas.

:mad:

Wouldn't your Dr Seuss location fit into MUSEUMS or ART when they become available? How about 'Literary Sites' so you could have places from literature or story book gardens?

There are tons of places that are taken from stories, or dedicated to famous authors, or even homesteads. We have a house built to represent the one from "Anne of Green Gables". Steven Leecock's house is a tourist attraction and museum to this author.

Hope that helps

:mad: The Blue Quasar