Category Proposal: Massachusetts Tercentenary Markers

I have MANY signs in mind. I have been taking pictures of many of them for another project I am doing.

There are also many other historical signs (bicenntennial, Boston's, Cambridge's) that could support a category by themselves, and might be interesting for a visitor to track down.

N/S

Should this proposal be amended to Massachusetts Historical Markers, then, with options (not subcategories, though) for the different types? I chose this only because I thought the other marker categories out there were for the specific state-branded markers, but upon closer inspection, they seem to encompass city- and county-level markers as well.

I'd like to revise this suggestion formally to "Massachusetts Historical Markers." Also, I forgot to mention that I will happily manage the category.

For variables, I would propose:

* Marker Name

* Marker Text

* How to Get There [optional]

* Agency Responsible for Placement (with a maintainer-editable drop-down list with choices, combined with an "other" category, much like the Benchmarks category)

* Date Established [optional]

* Town/City

* County (with a drop-down list of the counties)

* Relevant Web Sites [optional]

For requirements, I propose:

* Coordinates

* Photos of the plaque/marker, its surroundings, and, if applicable, whatever object is being depicted

SLer