Category Proposal: Urban/suburban Recreation Trails

I would like to see listings for nice places to take a walk, or a bike ride, or skating. These trails are the ones that are in city greenbelts and other green space areas like parks and subdivisions. This would not only be great for knowing about the paths in your neighborhood but it would also be great for vacation breaks and business travelers.

Places > Camping > Hiking > Urban/Suburban Recreation Trails

More Thoughts:

Needed Information ---

Trailhead Coordinates

Trail Length:

Trail Surface: gravel, asphalt etc.

Activities Allowed: walking, biking, in-line skating, pets, etc

Photo at trailhead with GPSr

Nice to Have Information ---

Coordinates of other access points

Website URL(s) if any

Trail description

Trail review

Photos of the trail

Thanks rescue557,

Title should be...

Urban/suburban Recreation Trails, A place to take a walk, a ride, skate(sp), or a break. :laughing:

I've looked all over the internet for a good listing of urban paths and they just don't exist. There are some great sites for hiking trails and rail trails but not much for the green space urban trails. A few are listed on city websites if you know what you are looking for.

I hope that this is can be approval and I would like to volunteer to manage it.

Thanks rescue557,

Title should be...

Urban/suburban Recreation Trails, A place to take a walk, a ride, skate(sp), or a break. :laughing:

I've looked all over the internet for a good listing of urban paths and they just don't exist. There are some great sites for hiking trails and rail trails but not much for the green space urban trails. A few are listed on city websites if you know what you are looking for.

I hope that this is can be approval and I would like to volunteer to manage it.

A similar category exists, and it its off-road trails, but recreation trails are not designed for off-road vehicles. Therefore, I think you have an excellant idea, and let's hope it gets approved. :laughing: