Newbies Welcome? Not In Chilliwack!

mamid

I've tried twice to log into the 'Wack Geocacher's Board (Chilliwack BC area) and I got denied twice. The second time, I got this for a reply:

Dear mamid,

Our staff has opted not to approve your account, and therefore it has been removed.  The following reason was provided for why your account was not approved:

Along with the changes made to Proboards v.4, options to "log in to view forums" have been made so that sites do not get hacked or permit guests to post anonymously. Several Proboards out there have had this happen, only to find that their board was removed due to a violation of the Terms of Service. To reduce the possibility of this happening, the requirements to become a member at 'Wack Cachers are that you must be approved as a member verifiable via an identity that is known to others and/or have a recognizable caching name. Exceptions may be made on an individual basis.

So, what am I supposed to do to get an account there? Its not like I could fill out all the fields. I don't put messenger information into my accounts till I've gotten access to a forum and I have a specific email I use for forums because I've been stalked before and I can kill it at a whim if I feel threatened.

I am a newbie to Geocaching. I don't even have a GPS unit yet, but an online friend has offered to go with me as soon as she replaces hers that was stolen. I have been drooling over Geocaching for over 5 years. I have decided that I was going to get a GPS unit by summer so I could take my kids with me on walks in the park, and finding the geocaches. I was certain I could have found a cache that last year when I saw pics of where one was, I tried to find it without a GPS unit because I knew the cross streets where the pics was taken. Never did find it, but just looking for it was fun and exciting. And the walk did me good.

I am furious. I wanted advice on GPS units. I wanted to know where I could pick one up. I wanted to know if there were second hand units available for cheap. My DS is notorious for breaking electronics and I didn't want to fork out hundreds of dollars that he'd break within minutes. I feel like because I have not been on any of the other boards so far, I'm persona non grata and therefore don't deserve any help from my local group.

If they are at the "outdoors show" this weekend, I plan on giving them a piece of my mind. I won't be rejoining the forum any time soon.

Funny that you would know who you are looking for at the outdoor show but none of them know you enough to sponsor you.

There are other geocaching clubs that have the same requirements so nothing new there.

One of the first things i did to meet local cachers was to host an Event Cache. It worked out great I met some of the best caching members around Vancouver at the time.

Anytime I try to fit into a new group I find it much easier to lend a hand rather than to take a swing. Mind you I also am not known for shooting off my mouth too much either, except when I feel that some poor soul is suffering from a bout of criminal freakin' stupidity and desperately deserves it! :ph34r:

Anyway, good luck with that! See you at the next event cache

Hi,

We will be more then happy to answer any questions concerning geocaching in Canada you have here. I am locking this thread as problems with another forum should not be brought up on our forums, please contact the other forums to work out how join that forum if you would like, but there is nothing that can be done by bringing it to this forum. Thanks