Feature Request: Home Coords Default For Pqs

kelly@9

Having just become a premium member the other day, I have noticed one mild annoyance when trying to create new Pocket Queries, namely that the default coordinates filled in are 0­­° / 0° by default, which means if you want to create a variety of PQs near your home coordinates, you have to fill them in by hand for each one.

Seems like it would be more useful to have your home coordinates just filled in by default here, letting you change them if you want different coordinates, or ignore them if you want to set the origin in other ways. Or at least have another radio button option under "From origin" that is just "My home coordinates".

(The funny thing is that for setting up notifications via the Insta-Notify system, it uses your home coordinates by default, but not for PQs!)

I agree that this would be useful as an *option* but not as a default setting. Very few of my pocket queries make use of my home coordinates (just one or two, in fact -- all caches close to home, and all unfound close to home). If I am constructing a pocket query for a visit to Florida, I'd rather start from scratch, including 00 in the coordinate boxes. It makes for easier data entry.