Magellan Explorist 600

OHGeo

I'm obviously new to the forum and GPS in general. I tried to upload a DirectRoute region to a new 600 and it's become stuck in USB File Transfer. I can't do anything to get it to power down. What did I do wrong, how can I get the GPS working again and is MapSend DirectRoute compatible with the E600?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I had the same problem with my 600 when I first tried it, in addition to my computer saying I had a malfunctioning unknown USB device connected. Then I found a post that talked about which way you connected the 6-pin adapter to the back of the unit -the manual dosen't talk about it. If you connect it with the cord running out of the connector towards the top of the unit (towards the little nub antenna), it will charge, but will not transfer/communicate properly with your computer. If you connect it with the cord running out of the connector towards the bottom of the unit (where the control buttons are), it should work fine. In addition, it will also charge with the unit turned on. Hope this helps.