Tb Not Leaving Cache

Razak

My TB was taken from its cache on the 28th. At first I figured maybe he was gonna log it when he placed it again because I noted that he took it from the cache log but I never received an email and it was still showing in the cache. It seems the guy who took the bug has tried to log the take but it is not working. The log shows him as logging the TB 3 times, yet it still is showing that it is in the cache he took it from. Trying to figure out any ideas on how to fix this...

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...30-23ce6bfa386c

Thanks in advance if anyone can figure this out.

Maybe they need to change their caching name - there&backagain!  :o

Have you been in contact with them to verify they tried three times? Have they tried it since? (You can always go back and delete those extra logs later.)

I haven't been in contact with them because I didn't want to bug em if there was another way to solve the problem. They have done travel bugs before (I am still new to this)... I assume they tried three times because there are three logs, but no it doesn't look like they have tried since the 28th... maybe they gave up. Maybe I'll drop them an email see if they have any clue what happened.

Since it needs to go into their possession they really need to be the ones to take the action to get it out of there. I don't think they are going to be bugging them, they are probably wondering what to do too.

If they still can't retreive it, try doing it yourself. If you can't either, report it to gc.com.

Oh, and not to mention...I think the multiple log entries are caused because when I was trying to log my pickup, I got some sort of error after clicking on submit (or whatever it says when you're done). I figured it didn't go through, so I tried again another time. Both log enties made it, but I don't think it got all the way through the system and registered it as being picked up by me.

When we tried to log the travel bug, we had the same errors that Gunfighter26 described. We actually tried to log it several times because nothing would post. I think there must have been a problem with the website that day. :rolleyes: As you can see it posted three times. We'll try to place the TB in a new cache this weekend and see if that fixes the problem. If anyone knows how to delete the extra logs, please let us know.

For those of you wondering, our username comes from The Lord of the Rings, "There and Back Again - A Hobbit's Tale". Not that we're hobbits or anything, we just liked the idea. :D