Pq Anomaly

n0wae

I have been enjoying the PQs, GSAK and Fugawi navigation software for some time now and it's great. Thank You for the PQs! Just had an odd thing happen Saturday that surprised me though. I did GCQMRA (found it and signed the log) but when I later got on-line to log it I found out it had been archived 10/8/05. (?)Since this cache was only 17 miles from my home and my last PQ (centered on my home) was 11/19/05 I was a bit surprised that I didn't have up to date data on this cache.

I started to investigate the problem in GSAK and discovered I had over 1200 caches in my database so I created an empty database so I could look at my last PQ by itself. I did get 500 caches as I requested and some were as far away as 53 miles but it didn't include some of the caches closer to home. (?) These missing cache updates in the PQ are not on my ignore list or any other filter that I set. The closest missing cache is GCQQFN which is only 12.4 miles away. I would understand not getting updates on caches farther away due to the 500 limit but why are a few caches closer to my home coordinates falling into the PQ crack?

Am I doing something wrong or did I discover an anomaly?

Thanks for your help - n0wae

GCQQFN is archived. PQs don't find archived caches (unless it is in the special "My Finds" PQ).

If you use your larger 1200 cache database and add a PQ that lists ALL caches up to 53 miles, then any cache under 53 miles with an older PQ date is most likely archived. These are easy to filter out in GSAK and then you can manually check each cache (or just delete them).

GCQQFN is archived. PQs don't find archived caches (unless it is in the special "My Finds" PQ).

If you use your larger 1200 cache database and add a PQ that lists ALL caches up to 53 miles, then any cache under 53 miles with an older PQ date is most likely archived. These are easy to filter out in GSAK and then you can manually check each cache (or just delete them).

You're so right! I totally forgot about the PQs not including archived caches. Now that you have jogged my poor memory I even remember a lot of past posts talking about the subject. I didn't understand the problem then but sure do see the problem now. I'll clean up my database as you suggest for now. Perhaps other cachers or TPTB will chime in with any new news or future plans to help deal with this little paperless problem.