Assistance Needed

novaman

I just got turned on to the GPS and have known about geocaching. I decided to give it a try. I've known where this marker has been so I figured it was a good place to start. I can't find any info on it! I've checked through the geocaching, department of interior, USGS, and NGS sites to no avail.

11HLZ - US Department of Interior Marker

There are photos and all the info posted on my website at the above link.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you

Simply put, not all survey markers are in the NGS database, and consequently not in the GC.com database either. Just a few days ago, another thread was posted with a very similar situation called 'Need Help., Found a disc.'. They had also found a DOI disk.

There are three pinned threads at the top of the benchmark forum. One is titled 'Can't Find Your Benchmark?, No listing here? Here's what to do!'. It will point you to Geocaching's Benchmark Hunting FAQ. If you can't find what you're looking for there, let us know. There are lots of people ready to help with an answer or two.

- Kewaneh

Edited by Kewaneh & Shark

Hi, Novaman:

Welcome to a unique hobby! Kawanah gave a good response to your inquiry.

I noticed that you are near my location, and in an area where I hunt benchmarks, occasionally. I've sent you an introduction via E-mail, along with my contact info. If you would like to do a "team hunt" sometime, let me know.

I try to go out on searches for about four hours, about every seven to ten days. Hunting benchmarks is how I relax. Normally, I go benchmark hunting by myself. However, I have done several hunts with a fellow from Charlotte and one hunt with a lady from Rocky Mount. It was great to compare notes and share tips and techniques!

Meanwhile, here are three marks within two miles of the one you found. These are in the database and can be logged:

FY4503

FY4521

FY4529

Best regards,

Paul (PFF on GEOCACHING and in NGS)

Edited by PFF