Category Proposal: Canadian National Historic Site

I would like to suggest the Category of Canadian - National Historic Sites.

Parks Canada has a great list, but we could make it even better by adding coordinate based data for people to find these Points of Interest.

It would have to be a site listed on the Parks Canada web site, as these are the official National Historic Sites.

;) The Blue Quasar

I am actively looking for a minimum of 2 people with experience in Canadian National Historic Sites to become part of the management group, should this Proposal be accepted and become a real Category. You don't need to be Canadian, although it is preferred. Exceptions will be made if there are those with vast knowledge of the subject.

Variables I would like to implement are:

- "Administered National Historic Site" or "Designation of National Historic Significance" (one of two to pick from)

- National Historic Site, National Historic Person, or National Historic Event (one of three to pick from)

There are currently 155 National Historic Sites administered by Parks Canada, and hundreds that are non-administered. Administered means staffed and has some form of facility or structure that can visited beyond viewing (toured would be an example). Non-administered is more of the Plaque, or self-guided visit style, no staffing or similar... the 'do it yourself' visit.

These can be viewed at National Historic Sites of Parks Canada for better clarity. Any future Waymarks in this Category would have to exist on the site previously mentioned. An image of undetermined qualifiers would also have to be provided (like the plaque or building and the visitor holding a Canadian Flag.. somthing like that.. to be determined)

I am also looking for any additional input on effective management for this category, should it be created.

Please reply here if you are interested in this Proposed Category or if you would like to assist with the Group Management.

;) The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar