Garmin M5

robtas

:rolleyes: I have just purchased a garmin m5. I have downloaded mapsource maps of Australia but I cant get Gsak to recognise my device.

I have setup for usb transfer on the map setup page but it brings up an error on the upload section. Any help much appreciated

Robtas

Tasmania

Australia

I also have the M5. I use GSAK to create a waypoint file that Mapsource can open. Then I use Mapsource to send the waypoints to the M5.

Interesting, I just purchased an iQUE M5 and am wondering how I can navigate to a cache location with it. Can Mapsource send waypoints of a pocket query group of caches from GSAK TO THE M5?

The Garmin software that is shipped with the M5 is best used for vehicle navigation. Since the M5 runs on the PPC, you have many different choices of software to augment your cache hunting.

Take a look at these applications. All should work with the ique M5:

BeeLineGPS - works very well for cache hunting. It will import pocket queries (GPX files) including all of the cache detailed information and display them like you see in the GC.com web site. It will interface to the built in GPS receiver and allow you to use the M5 like you would with a normal handheld unit. Waypoints, different navigation screens and it has many features specifically for geocaching.

GPXSonar - This application is very specific to GPX files. It will read them and show you the cache details.

Also take a look at:

Vito Navigator

GPSTuner