West Marine/garmin 76 Cs Plus

biomed50

Thanks for the link.

I'd found a reference to the Plus on the Garmin website but bizarrely they only seem to mention it in the downloads section & not in the main products page. A common mistake with unreleased new products I think *LOL*. I knew I'd find some info here though :-)

Anyway, from the description, it sounds like a 76CS with some fancy new software, a different coloured case and maybe an improved screen. And at the same price. I can't see why they didn't just roll these features into the software on the plain old 76CS. Given that the 76 & 60 both run the same software, maybe the Plus software will work on the 76CS too.

I can't see why they didn't just roll these features into the software on the plain old 76CS.

That wouldn't give West Marine a product to sell without facing direct price competition for the identical model from lots of online vendors.

They did something similar with the eTrex Venture where West Marine had a different color version with a modified database called the Mariner.

So this is exclusive to West Marine? Wow.

I guess I didn't really believe it where it says "We worked with Garmin..." in the top line - and it has West Marine written across the top *LOL*

I wonder how long before somebody hacks the software from the Plus so it works in the 76CS :-)