Garmin Rino 110 Track Truncated?

nchmura

I having an odd problem uploading tracks to my Rino 110. First off, I store all my tracks in the GPX format. When I attempt to upload them to my GPS my Rino puts a little message on its screen saying 'Track Truncated' and thats exactly what it does: drops a good portion of the data i am uploading.

I have tried uploading them with expertgps, topofusion, and easygps - and they all yield this result (and none of the softwares figure it out, they just keep uploading the track). So I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the software.

I also made sure the GPX files were well formed and even went as far as making sure they contained only 1 track/no track segments.

Anyone have any ideas/experience on this one? I couldn't find anything in the manual or on garmins website.

When I attempt to upload them to my GPS my Rino puts a little message on its screen saying 'Track Truncated' and thats exactly what it does: drops a good portion of the data i am uploading.

My guess is that it's uploading the track to one of the "Saved Track" positions on the Rino. These allow for far fewer trackpoints than the Active track and therefore you get the error message. Try renaming the tracklog to "Active Log" in the software before you do the upload. Also make sure you clear the Active track in your Rino before doing the upload.

How many trackpoints are uploaded when you get the error message?

I certainly did upload some to the saved tracks, but I think I was getting the same thing when i was uploading to the active track. I think.... I didn't really pay attention to where it pooped out though, I will give it another try later.

As far as track size is concerned, the track i was trying to upload was one i made using the rino, though it was a pretty big one ;)

Any idea what the limits are on the saved tracks? I could not find anything on that.