Feature Request Pertaining To New Notification Ser

fluffy&itchy

I really like the new notification service you guys implemented for premium members.

One thing though, that I might make a request.

When the notifications are sent out, they need to have the GC waypoint somewhere in the message. As is is now the notifications are not much use to one unless you are physically sitting at a computer when the notification arrives. If you are at a computer you can punch in the link to the cache when a notification is received, but if you get the notification on your cell phone, without the GC #, there's no way to look it up on the WEP site since the only way you can look up things on there is by waypoint or zip code.

Just a suggestion.

I'll second that - a very nice new tool to use. But as f&i said, if the notification is received on a cell phone or pda, there is no reference to the GC number needed to search the wap interface. And on at least my newer pda, the almost 90-digit url of the new cache webpage usually splits between two screens, making linking impossible because it is looking for that uninterrupted 32-digit guid number.

I thought I had seen some reference to this problem in earlier threads but cannot find it now. I don't know if the "click here" referencing might solve the problem, rather than listing the lengthy url.

Another thing: The "publisher's" (reviewer's) name is shown in 1) Subject line, 2) Message body and 3) As a link, but to find out the owner of the cache, you have to go to cache's web page. What if I'd want to use procmail to forward these notes to my cell phone, but only if they are not from certain hiders?