The Bash In A Cache

Just a few weeks until the Bash in a Cache in London on Thursday 1st September....

Bulk buy TBs etc

If anyone wants to bulk up an order for geocaching odds and ends (TB's, stickers etc) from here add a note here by Thursday 18th August and I'll make one single order and collect the cash at the event. Good way to save money on the postage costs for small items! I did this at the last bash back in February and a few people remarked they liked the idea, so I'll do it again :D

Raffle?

I was toying with the idea of a charity raffle for Children in Need, but haven't managed to rustle up any definite prizes yet (aside from possibly a Michigan Geocoin if it arrives, and I'll throw in a UK geocoin if I get one by then). I asked globalpositioningsystems.co.uk but they politely declined. If anyone would like to donate a geocaching-related prize or has suggestions I'm all ears!

Looking forward to what should be a fun evening!

Assuming nothing goes wrong with our travel plans, and that the order I've placed arrives in time, we'll be happy to donate the following items to your auction:

A MiGO hat (Tan/Tan), a 3" MiGO Logo camo patch and one full set of MiGO Seasonal Patches (one season may be missing, but I think I'll have them all). I'll let you decide whether the seasonal patches should be auctioned as a set or individually.

These items may be viewed at the following link:

MiGO Store

We're also planning to bring you one of our MiGO coins, per my e-mail to you. This will NOT be one of the newer coins that's trackable on GC.com, unfortunately, but I doubt very many people will actually use them like a TB anyway.

Edited by MiTuCats

Just bumping the thread - should have enough items to make a reasonable raffle now but any more are still welcome.

I'll be placing the "bulk order" for TB tags etc on Thursday, so if you want any bits and pieces for next-to-nothing postage, add your requirements to the thread...

Bump!

The London "Bash in a Cache" event is this Thursday. So far, attendance looks good, we should have quite a roomful, but if you're close to London and never been to an event before, come and give it a go!

If you've not visited the pub before you'll get a "bonus find" as the pub itself is a virtual, and Pharisee will restore Wombles "St Etheldreda's" cache just around the corner too.

If you can spare a few pennies, I'll be holding a raffle in aid of Children in Need with tickets at 50p each. We should have lots of geocaching goodies as prizes:

- Klaus23 donated a Michigan Geocoin

- MiTuCats donated lots of Michigan related geocaching swag, including some geocoins

- Learned Gerbil donated a gc.com Compass Zipper Pull (it's his birthday too!)

- Globetrotter donated a ready-to-place micro cache and collectable star trek coin

- I'm throwing in an ammo tin, which will double as the tombola!

If you want to donate something, let me know and bring it along!

See you all there!

Edited by lordelph