All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. real_jago

Mystery in Tradi "umwandeln"

Vielleicht versteh ich das als Außenstehender ohne den Kontext des Listings nicht. Aber die Grundidee ist doch die Nachfragenden in irgendeiner Form zu kennzeichnen. But why?
  3. real_jago

Wenn man einen Cache erstellt bzw editiert, siehe Screenshot:
  4. black-tomcat

shame reimt sich aber besser im eigentlichen Sinne des Terms - und ja oder nein, je nach Sichtweise: eine ehrliche Anfrage ist nie ein Grund zum Schämen.
  5. hcy

Das war eine sehr gute Idee, wenn ich auch den Ausdruck "shame" hier nicht verstehe, ich schäme mich nicht dafür nach den Koordinaten zu fragen.
  6. black-tomcat

Wo wird das angeboten?
  7. Tungstène

Development Update

It won't pop up. You'll have to start Adventure Lab Cache's app, select the adventure you want to follow, read the description and tap on "Start". Then you'll have to get close of one the individual Lab Cache of the Adventure. You'll tap on "View details". You can try it at home with any ALC. Do you see this "Get closer" button on the right hand side? It is pictured as a lock. On location, this button will be replaced by an "Answer" button. Find the answer where the app tells you it is and type it in order to register you're successful. A last tip... After having "started" an ALC, you can switch from the map view to a list view (which in my opinion is a better option). You'll have to tap the upper right hand side corner icon (it has the appearance of a three line bulleted list and is located right next the Adventure title).
  8. real_jago

Ok, dann greift aber wieder mein ursprünglicher Einwand: wenn das Zeigen der Final-Koordinaten dem Grundsinn widerspricht, warum bietet man genau dafür einen schönen Menüeintrag in einem Dropdown-Menu an?
  9. black-tomcat

DAS ist auf keinen Fall der Ansatz gewesen und wurde der Erinnerung nach auch nicht vom Reviewer so interpretiert. DAS war der Grund und der Anlass für uns, hier eine Erfahrung zum Thema sichtbar zur Verfügung stellen von Koordinaten mit zu erwähnen. Es wareinfach die logische Konsequenz von Erfahrungen. Bei Anfragen Rätseln (niicht nur zu unseren, aber das kennt der geneigte Mystery-Besucher bestimmt) kommen auch ganz klare Fragen nach den Koordinaten und nicht etwa nach dem Lösungsweg, etwa in dem Stile: Wir haben keine Lust, keine Zeit, kein Interesse, aber würden trotzdem gerne die Dose loggen - aus welchen Gründen auch immer. In Zusammenhang mit dem Listing machte aus unserer Sicht die Liste sogar inhaltlich Sinn . Wie gesagt: Hilfe gibt es immer und wir bilden uns ein, auch konstruktiv und zeitnah. Inzwischen haben nutzen wir, wenn die Art der Lösung es erlaubt, das Angebot eines anderen Cachers, der eine Art "Lösungssiegel" online bereitstellt - und wir können die Nutzung dieses zusätzlichen - nennen wir es mal "Ich bin stolz auf meine Leistung Lösung" durchaus interpretieren.
  10. Today
  11. When I click the links in your communication email, I am redirected to the app which is useless. Somehow, the direction to the browser won't work. (Same as the Open in browser link in the app, but this is already discussed in another topic)
  12. BK-Hunters

Top 100 Waymark Reviewers

Now I can't remember what we were talking about... Keith
  13. Heidevlinder

APP won't open website

I have the same problem that the link in the app Open in the browser does not work anymore. I always used this, so it can't be that my default suddenly would be different. I cleared the default anyhow but it made no difference. Even when I use a link in your email to read more about a subject, I am redirected to the app where of course none of the text is found. Hope it will work correctly again soon
  14. cerberus1

Never Cache Alone

Yeah... I'd guess it was meant to draw you to it. A marketing thing again. I did have a brief thought of some recent issues on some trails because of it though ... I prefer to be alone, but will cache with someone if the terrain's 5 (when we can get someone off their can). I cache to relax, and I feel I don't get much of that if someone's gonna chat the entire way, or find that they aren't skilled enough that I'm now sorta responsible for their safety too.
  15. Max and 99

How do I get free premium?

Why the change in premium trial length
  16. vulture1957

but sometimes the reviewer needs to read it, also. I had a regional chain waymark denied because it was "coast to coast" (had 1 in Cali, 2 in FL), only 16 other states. So I went a couple rounds explaining that, and then cut the Cali one as it was only projected, not yet built. Finally got approved. But you can go across the country in 3 or 4 states. North to south, Cali, OR and WA; NM, CO, WY and MT. His reading, that would have been considered national, as it goes across the country.
  17. NightFall806

You can do that to or ask a local reviewer if you can have a free 30 day trial for premium.
  18. CAVinoGal

Looking for geo-buddy - central FL, USA

We have family (sonand daughter in law) in Oxford, just west of the Villages, and visit once a year or so. We've done caching in the area over the past couple of years. Our son tags along with us, but if we aren't around he doesn't cache on his own. He doesn't log anything either. If we get out that way, I'll let you know; I'd enjoy meeting! Just an FYI, my first caching experience in Central Florida was the week after Hurricane Irene in 2017, and I cached alone for much of that, as the kids were working and I went exploring. I didn't encounter any alligators, but there were some pretty awesome looking spiders!
  19. Atlas Cached

Oregon 700 ANT+ Total Failure

<rant> So I just purchased a brand new mountain bike this week, as well as a brand new Oregon 700 + Speed Sensor 2 and Cadence Sensor 2 for it. Have the SPD2/CAD2 sensors installed, with brand new batteries (yes the green leds blink), and after about 5 attempts, my android with Garmin Connect finally completed pairing with the SPD2 without errors. It shows 100% battery and current software in the SPD2 sensor. Connect both to my GPSMAP 66 via ANT+ and can view Speed and Cadence properly in the Trip Computer Data Fields. Trying to connect the SPD2/CAD2 with my Oregon 700 is fruitless.... The 700 never sees them. My Oregon 700 also never sees a TEMP sensor that all the other GPSr see. (brand new Energizer CR2032 in that also). Even after master rest of Oregon 700, no change. NO ANT+ Sensors can be found! So, I try a GPSMAP 64csx, eTrex Touch 35t, and an eTrex 32x. Well, the little eTrex is not even allowed to see speed sensors, period, only cadence, and it never finds it. The Touch 35t sees the CAD2, but never the SPD2. The 64csx sees the SPD2 but never the CAD2! All GPSr are running most current firmware versions.... Not to mention, Garmin has literally no mounting options to place my Oregon 700 neatly on my MTN Bike - looks like (after reading many forums) I will have to resort to buying three different products and modifying them all to work together so I can mount my Oregon 700 neatly on my MTN bike (not using the spine mount (Garmins only offering) because, as every review states, the thing is held with unsightly zip ties and always rotates around on the handle bars so your GPSr is never stationary). No, I don't want an edge - it cant do half the things I want to do on my mountain bike. The Oregon 7x0 series does everything I need. Well, if it worked properly. If any of the GPSr worked properly. The only device I have now that sees all the sensors is the GPSMAP 66.... I was really looking forward to getting my new bike set up with all new sensors and GPSr, speed, cadence, temperature, heart rate.... But now, thanks to the absolute failure to function as advertised for every Garmin product I purchased for the bike, I find my enthusiasm waning.... Seriously... some days I think Garmin hates me..... </rant>
  20. Goldenwattle

Don't you have a bicycle? I've know teenage geocachers cycling around to geocache. I was cycling around my suburb from about 12 years old, although not to geocache as the hobby didn't exist then. Later I cycled in the countryside. I still at times go geocaching by bicycle. I am headed to a cache today by bike.
  21. Camroo

i completely understand the Issue as i was, and still is a person not old enough to drive themselves around but see if you could get your parents into it. thats how i got "into" cough cough... addicted to the game. sometimes the people you least expect to want to go caching are the best at it.
  22. elyob

Well done! Even though you actually deny weak waymarks, you still finish in the top twelve reviewers.
  23. Yesterday
  24. 10-4. 4 decimal places on a foot are different than 4 decimal places on an inch.
  25. iconions

Okay, speaking of the Krabby Kansan. Please, Please, PLEASE, with everything that is HOLY, READ the CATEGORY DESCRIPTION before you post a waymark, and if you get a denial from me, don't complain when I tell you that a Pizza Chain in 36 of the 50 (or was that 57? - LOL) states is NOT regional, but National.... especially when the category description says 20 or less states... I told the waymarker that his only courses of action were to forget the pictures OR try to get a national pizza chain category together. [/rant] You can go back to your regularly scheduled forum...
  26. Max and 99

Never Cache Alone

Thank you.
  27. The A-Team

Never Cache Alone

It's just Google letting you know that the software that this list/map is running on will stop working after December 3. It's up to the creator of the list/map to deal with that. It seems odd that HQ would choose to set this up on a deprecated platform. There are free and open-source platforms available that can do the same thing, and they aren't being deprecated.
  28. Max and 99

Never Cache Alone

Thank you!
  1. Load more activity