The Return Of The Background Image!

Hey, it's my first Greasemonkey script! Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension that allows you to run scripts that modify cache pages on the fly.

This script checks to see if a cache page has a background image specified for it, and if so, it's resized a bit to let more of the image show. The new size is approximately that of the cache page prior to the last change.

Only cache pages are affected, and only those with background images. If the image is put on the page using CSS Style code, the page will not be resized.

To use this, you need to be running the Greasemonkey extension (for Firefox, of course).

Then go to this site, and select Install User Script from the Tool menu. That's it!

. . . if you do decide to install GreaseMonkey (which I have had a lot of fun with), then you may want to try these other scripts as well:

Geocaching.com GreaseMonkey Scripts

The first link will put a link to Google Maps and Google Sat. Images right on the cache page which I have found extremely useful. Clicking on it zooms you right in to the coords of the cache.

The second link will put a "Find Nearest Caches" link on Google Maps so that if you have the map centered on an area, it will pop open a new window with a geocaching.com search centered on the map coords.

Enjoy. I thought it was kinda cool that someone had already created some canned geocaching.com GreaseMonkey scripts so I didn't have to.

-Fairbanks (Firefox-user-extraordinaire)