Simply Paul Tb Race

how far South? Patagonia is nice this time of the year!! :D

I am not entirely sure that I am entirely happy that IoM is counted as a separate country for the purposes of this race. The idea of including another country was to try to make the race more even, exactly to prevent TBs coming back to the UK in one hop. Coming back to the UK and then saying 'ah yes, well technically it's not part of the UK' does seem to go against the spirit of what we intended. Think I may do some backstage plotting.

Of course, it could be that I am sulking because my TB still has not moved at all. :lol:

how far South? Patagonia is nice this time of the year!! :D

I am not entirely sure that I am entirely happy that IoM is counted as a separate country for the purposes of this race. The idea of including another country was to try to make the race more even, exactly to prevent TBs coming back to the UK in one hop. Coming back to the UK and then saying 'ah yes, well technically it's not part of the UK' does seem to go against the spirit of what we intended. Think I may do some backstage plotting.

Of course, it could be that I am sulking because my TB still has not moved at all. :lol:

ditto

ditto

continental drift means your's and my TB have moved slightly :lol:

Have grumped and moped to the web site owners who reminded me that it's supposed to be fun and theirs hasn't moved yet either so shut up and stop whingeing!

Pragmatically, I guess a TB is just as likely to get to a Bucks cache from nearby continental Europe as far flung and remote IoM, so I have decided to just chill out (oh yeah, and sabotage Hampdens Monument <evil laughter>)

:lol:

Yeah, stop moaning. And don't superglue the lid to the box of Hampden's Monument: that's just not cricket.

As a special favour to the owners of the stalled travel bugs, I've grabbed all those that turned up so unexpectedly in my cache on the Isle of Man - and will be taking them south for a tour, as promised (and that doesn't mean the Isle of Wight!). There will be another country involved, to remove the suggestion that the rules have been followed to the letter rather than to the spirit. This delay will also give the other TB's a good chance to get across to the UK too (or perhaps they're destined to invade the island as well). So the race is still on!

If I get time, I'll post a few photos of the lucky 5 around the caches of the Isle of Man (and Casablanca...).

HH

When I saw the movement of the TB's into the Isle of Man cache, I immediately did some research. GOOGLE informed me that the IoM is NOT part of the UK but is regarded as part of the Commonwealth, so unfortunately, all those TB's have been awarded with another country visit - correctly.

The owners of those TB's must be really over the moon!

Me? I just think we should stop whinging and whining - Alibags - and be happy that the race is getting a move on.

No sour grapes from me.

Seems there are some moles in the camp - REF!

Yep, five people in the race bought Ozetraveller a return ticket to Townsville just to pick up their bugs. Not!

AFAIK there's been no attempt to cheat by anyone in the race: these were legitimate bug movements. I "simply" pointed out to her that some of the TB's she may pick up when she was in Townsville were in a race.

There's still a long way for them to go before any of them gets to Bucks, though, so don't panic yet!

HH

Oi! I was not crying foul and I was only whingeing in sour grapes. I too am more than relieved the darn things are actually moving at last as this was rapidly becoming the most dull race ever. Perhaps I should add more smilies?....

Okay, I promise not to superglue the Hampdens Monument cache

:lol::lol::lol::mad:;)

he he! :mad:

BTW, I wrote the rules, I passed them by a couple of other people to see what they thought and then made a couple of suggested changes. After that, I am not the final arbiter, as I am taking part that would hardly be fair. I kind of imagine that mob rule will apply the rules in the case of any transgression.

I don't have any superglue, but I shall be installing GPS signal jamming equipment in the vicinity of White Knight, Wendover Wamble, Wicken Man, Buckingham Bbumble and Roming in the Wood. That should slow them down a bit! :lol::lol::lol::mad:

I agree with the mob rule applying, but in this instance, it's not as if HH is competing or specified which TBs to bring back. I just wish one of them had been mine. Of course, there may now be a large number of drinks stored up for him at his next event cache? :mad:

Don't worry Alibags, I'm sure that yours will move soon! ;)

a large number of drinks stored up for him at his next event cache

That would be nice, although Ozetraveller will want to claim most of them as she did all the hard work. She only drinks champagne by the way, and only expensive stuff as well, so no Tesco-branded bargain bottles, please! :D

At least this has brought the race to life a bit - more action to come this weekend...

:D

HH

I don't have any superglue, but I shall be installing GPS signal jamming equipment in the vicinity of White Knight, Wendover Wamble, Wicken Man, Buckingham Bbumble and Roming in the Wood. That should slow them down a bit! :D:D:D:D

I agree with the mob rule applying, but in this instance, it's not as if HH is competing or specified which TBs to bring back. I just wish one of them had been mine. Of course, there may now be a large number of drinks stored up for him at his next event cache? :D

Don't worry Alibags, I'm sure that yours will move soon! :D

This will not pose a problem for cachers in Wendover as I have installed 62 L.E.D signs pointing towards the cache AND set up a FREE lift home for the cacher who places WM in it (providing he/she lives in UK AND I'm available!).

:D:D

You'll lurve me even more after the weekend - although Casablanca's looking difficult now: I may have to take a boat/sub from southern Spain to get there (the things I do for geocaching!).

...or perhaps I'll just dump them all in "El Presidente" - that's still south of here...

HH

Edited by Happy Humphrey
You'll lurve me even more after the weekend - although Casablanca's looking difficult now: I may have to take a boat/sub from southern Spain to get there (the things I do for geocaching!).

...or perhaps I'll just dump them all in "El Presidente" - that's still south of here...

HH

I have just had a great idea HH. Why don't you dump ALL the TB's in Wendover Wamble cache.

No one would think of going there!

I have just had a great idea HH. Why don't you dump ALL the TB's in Wendover Wamble cache.

No one would think of going there!

:laughing:

Actually, you could just have a flying visit there, then drop them in "It's not an anorak, it's a travel bug race target" :yikes:

Even better but I wasn't going to suggest that!

I'll be going right past there tomorrow evening - I'll see what I can do. If not, there's a champagne party on Team Blacowe's luxury yacht next week: perhaps if I feed their glamorous leader enough booze :laughing: she'll agree to take one or two of them on a cruise.

That's if I decide to bring them back from Morocco! :yikes:

HH

I'll be going right past there tomorrow evening - I'll see what I can do. If not, there's a champagne party on Team Blacowe's luxury yacht next week: perhaps if I feed their glamorous leader enough booze  :laughing:  she'll agree to take one or two of them on a cruise.

That's if I decide to bring them back from Morocco!  :yikes:

HH

Never mind the TB's, take me! :lol: