We Need A Secret Wave/sign!

O.K. Both you and another person arrives at a geocache location at about the same time. You conceal your GPSr waiting for the other person to leave, but they don't. Are they another geocacher doing the same or a loitering muggle?

I think we need some sort of wave or sign (not a gang sign) to identify each other on the trail. It would have to be something subtle enough that it wouldn't look strange, yet obvious enough that another geocacher knows for sure. Any ideas?

medoug.

P.S. Is this a good idea or am I just too paranoid?

I've actually said to people I thought were geo-cachers: "Did you hucklebuckle yet?" and hope they either respond or at worst, wonder what I really said, since that phrase/word wouldn't mean any thing to an non-cacher. It's worked so far. If they give me strange looks, I just tell them I thought they were someone else, excuse me, please.

O.K. Both you and another person arrives at a geocache location at about the same time. You conceal your GPSr waiting for the other person to leave, but they don't. Are they another geocacher doing the same or a loitering muggle?

I think we need some sort of wave or sign (not a gang sign) to identify each other on the trail. It would have to be something subtle enough that it wouldn't look strange, yet obvious enough that another geocacher knows for sure. Any ideas?

medoug.

P.S. Is this a good idea or am I just too paranoid?

I find waving my GPSr around like a flag is the best way to signal I ma a geocacher. Why do people not get that and want the Mason secret hand shake. To me it is fairly obvious to tell a geocacher. Now the hard on is the guy rooting in the garbage can?????

cheers