I Need Your Input!

Fellow Geocachers!

After seeing the popularity and sucess of TUBE TORCHER, we have been tossing around the idea of MAYBE coming up with some ideas for a second one. :lol:

(Not to mention, Wanderlust has stated that "The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown"!) :lol:

After some consideration, I felt it necessary to pose the question to you guys... to see if you have the interest for more! :D

So here it is... How many of you would like to see a TUBE TORCHER 2??? Would you want more puzzles??? Fewer puzzles??? Should it be more difficult??? Less???

Think about it! ;) It is our thought that to come out with another one, it would have to be TWICE as good!!! SO... Hit those keyboards, and let us know what you think! THANKS for your input and we look forward to hearing your response!

:D IndianaLee & CrotalusRex :D

Oh yes please sir may I have another! :lol:

More or harder puzzles-NO

More places I wouldn't go if there wasn't a geocache there-YES!

You should post a note to the TT cache page to let everyone know that the evil twin is loose.

PS Now really insane cachers can try to find TT, High Water, and the yet unnamed evil twin on the same day and top Team CHB's completion of the Nuwati Challange. :lol:<_<:huh:

Not having done I I don't know about the puzzles, but I am trying to do puzzles that people can do with accessing the Library of Congress in my multies if there are puzzles to solve in the field. But the one person I have talked to that has done TT gave me some vage idea of what it was about, I am in Denver, as I too wonder what folks want in a 5/5 cache. So I would say go for it as what I understand is it is very creative and not just another ammo can in the woods or filmcanister in a lamppost. Geocacing needs more creativity.

cheers

Ok now, :D ...... so far you say less puzzles and harder, more evil cache... :) Can you have a harder, more evil cache without puzzle-type items in it? :) Is there any other aspects you would like to see? If it took over 9 months to come up with TUBE TORCHER, it may be a while before something like a sequel to THAT can be conjured up... :D What about stages??? more stages or fewer stops along the way??? Keep up the replies!!! Indianalee :D

2XTOUGHER 2XTHE FUN

I would stand in line like a Star Wars fan for this.

But don't pussyfoot around this time. ;)

Seriously I was sore for a week after the first one and the wife, who was pregnant at the time, moaned and groaned for 6 months about not being able to go. I loved every minute of the first one and I'm sure I'll love the next.

Git-R-Done!

X

Ok now, :o ...... so far you say less puzzles and harder, more evil cache... ;) Can you have a harder, more evil cache without puzzle-type items in it? :D Is there any other aspects you would like to see? If it took over 9 months to come up with TUBE TORCHER, it may be a while before something like a sequel to THAT can be conjured up... ;) What about stages??? more stages or fewer stops along the way??? Keep up the replies!!! Indianalee :)

More stages would be cool, maybe some a little more "riskier". Out of the public eye is a good thing also. (For me anyway). The last one involved plenty enough stealth tactics. I just don't like somebody staring at me wondering what I'm doing especially in this day & time! :D

Again, whatever comes we'll gladly "attempt" it.

MMMMmmmmmmmmmm...........

I thought for sure we'd get more replies than this... :):):):)

If this is the number of people interested in a TT2, would it really be worth it???

I think I'll post a note to the cache page for TT and see if there is more. Maybe some people don't check out the forums....... Indianalee :)

...  How many of you would like to see a TUBE TORCHER 2???  Would you want more puzzles???  Fewer puzzles??? Should it be more difficult??? Less???

Another TT...YES. Puzzles...we don't need no stinkin puzzles! Stages keep about the same number, I did a cache recently that had way to many stages, almost became not fun towards the end! Evil..why yes!!

Keep up the good work!!

I don't get much spare time these days, but I'd take vacation time to come do another one. I went through number 1 twice and enjoyed it very much both times.

I think the number of stages was about right, and as far as puzzles go I don't think a physically demanding cache needs anything too difficult. The way the clues are hidden and coded in #1 works very well and adds to the suspense somewhat.

I'll be there shortly after it's posted. ojc

I have to agree... TT was one of my most enjoyable caches to date. IMO I'm not a big fan of difficult puzzle caches so something similar to TT #1 would be about right. I was pulling my hair out after attempting Cube Torture - YIKES :P:P I'm sure you will do a great job on a sequel and I look forward to traveling to the mountains soon!

After seeing the popularity and sucess of TUBE TORCHER, we have been tossing around the idea of MAYBE coming up with some ideas for a second one.

Personally, I think TT is just about the right mix of mental and physical, and takes just about the right amount of time. It has a good theme and stretches your imagination. There are much harder puzzles out there as well as more physical challenges. I think what you have is just about the right mix for an excellent adventure.

Too hard, either mental or physical, and it could turn some people off. Ramp up the adventure and keep the difficulty right about where it is and I think you will have a another hit.

We need a TT out here in vegas... everyone seems to come to vegas, and a lot of people geo-cache while they are here... TT was awesome.. my favorite aspect of it was the tubes themselves... felt like a kid again, going places I would never even think of going as an adult......(and I haven't finished it yet..gonna fly back out there probably in about 2 weeks to complete it)

my suggestion is to keep true to the original, and include the dark hunting areas....as well as the traveling aspect...

thanks Jeromy

I agree w/ JackCache--too many stages gets to be work. :P Unless food/eating/drinking is somehow involved. I think TT had just the right amount of stages.

Also, I really, really enjoyed not knowing anything about TT before starting the day. No revealing photos. Just that whiff of mystery. :P Or was that ozone from following mr007's down the rabbit hole?

And speaking of mr007's, have you ever considered making a naked cache requirement...PBJ and I have :blink: long wanted to see mr0---aw, nevermind. That is probably not constructive feedback.

A little puzzle now and then never hurt anyone. Maybe something that would require a co-conspirator handy with a cell phone and computer.

Good to know what sort of items to bring along. A packing list sure got my attention on TT. And it was a good packing list.

I agree w/ LtlJon, :P I HATE caches that require public exposure. Not being naked in public. That's fine. Particularly for other people. I mean I hate being exposed as a cacher.

I have long-dreamed of a swinging bridge over a gorge and / or a zip line. There just aren't enough zip lines in geocaching today.

I've got a couple more ideas. Will PM you!

I have never had so much fun or been so physically tired after completing a cache. There were a couple times when I asked myself if this was really worth it. Who am I kidding, of course it was worth it and I would absolutely do it again.

The puzzles were just enough to make you think - although I didnt have to think, I was the designated climber in the group and others handled the deciphering....

This one was so good, I don't think it could be replaced, duplicated or even outdone. However, I would jump at another opportunity of such magnitude!!!!

The hard multies are the BEST.  More stages? YES< YES< YES! Hard? YES< YES< YES

OK!!! :huh: Now I'm starting to feel like it could be worth the work!!! If you only knew how many ideas we came upwith ;) , threw out :huh: , revised ;) , and said "UUHHH... No way man!!!" :( , just for the original Tube Torcher, your head would spin!!! :huh::cry::o

So, here is the deal... It will be so hard-- so boneweary-- so... so... (yea... you get the idea!!) that everyone that completes it will have to change their geocaching names!!! :o:huh::P

Examples: Wanderlust & LaughingMoon = Wanderlost & ScreamingMoon; CyFi = SighFi; Spyderman = Spyder-Bit-man; Trailrunner = Trailcrawler; Mr. & Mrs. Parrothead = Mr. & Mrs. Parrotdead; Nervous = Wigginout; Medic208 = Need-a-Medic208; BabyLoggerHead = OldLadyLoggerHead!!!

PLEASE NOTE!!! MY USE OF THESE NAMES IS ALL IN FUN!!!!! :P

:cry: TAKE NO OFFENSE!!! :o

:D Just something to put a smile on your face!!!! :D

More to come!!!!

Thanks for the replies!!!!! IndianaFleas.... I mean.. IndianaLee

I say go with a hard and solid theme. Maybe even expand on the previous TT theme and incorporate it into TT2.

Maybe even put a story out there that the cacher can follow.

There is a great multi here in western north carolina that allows the cacher a couple of choices at the start (Your Choice, by Rods and Ropes-Panthertown NNF). Each choice provided the cacher with a different experience. That was a lot of fun. You could make the cache like one of those pick your own ending books?

Incorporate a night cache twist...everyone loves a twist. Possibly a hydrocache? Thats it. Throw in a night time float down the French Broad from Rosman to Brevard. The river is forgiving in this neck of the woods.

Use AM transmitters and solar powered illumination with timers.

Use a well hidden PDA with clues to beam.

Use the internet to provide clues like you did with Grave Yard Shift. I heard that was a great cache.

Make the cahcer feel like they are on an ellaborate adventure. Do this with props, I loved the print outs. I feel that printed materials make great collectibles.

Most important...don't set out to out do the original. Design your cache so that it complements the original. Expand on the theme I say.

Well that is all for now.

Nuwati

Nuwati comes up with some good ideas. I agree that it should not be a sequel. Rocky2 was nowhere near as good as Rocky.

Someday I am going to make the trip to North Carolina just to do Tube Torcher, and as soon as I can move without pain from that adventure I will hope to do the new adventure by Indianalee and Crotilusrex.

Interesting that it took nine months for tube torcher to be born, by the way.

Hi fellow TORCHER fans :huh: ! CrotalusRex here, yes I agree with Indy on this one--a TT2 could be worth the work!!! We really want to be sure there is ample interest in this chore because planning TT1 was a truly mindblowing project...(when you get a chance just ask Indy about the serving wench and the thousand year old dragons egg! :o ) ...putting it into place so it would work smoothly and make sense...that was the real adventure :o !

To echo IndianaFlea...er...Lee I think this monster may happen...if it does it will be HEINOUS :huh: . It will be an oh so grand physical and mental challenge that...when compleat will leave you in PAIN ;) , ANGUISH :huh: and possibly TERROR :huh: ...but you WILL have a huge SMILE :o on your sweaty, dirty face.

So when this happens lets just say you will feel the BITE of the Crotalus and the STING of Indy's WHIP...and thats just for starters :cry:

Take care and keep watching this space for more...

CrotalusRex :cry: