Gsak Problem

When attempting to send waypoints to myGarmin 60CS I get the following error.

Error Sending Waypoints [ERROR] GPS_Packet_Read Time-out GARMIN: Can't init COM3

This is the first time I have had this problem. It has been working previously. I'm hoping someone can help. I'm leaving in the morning for the east coast of Florida and planned on a few days of caching. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

The most common cause for this is a PDA sync program grabbing the port at startup. Have you added PDA software lately. Other causes can be incorrect interface setting on your GPSr (did you change it to NMEA for use with another program?) or bad cables.

The most common cause for this is a PDA sync program grabbing the port at startup. Have you added PDA software lately. Other causes can be incorrect interface setting on your GPSr (did you change it to NMEA for use with another program?) or bad cables.

I don't have any other devices plugged in. Also have the interface set to Garmin. I installed Mapsource City Select. Would this have caused GSAK to stop working properly?

I installed Mapsource City Select.  Would this have caused GSAK to stop working properly?

Yes if you have it open at the same time. If so the first program open grabs the com port and the other one won't be able to access it.

Thanks. I did have Mapsource open but have since re-booted and ran only GSAK. Now when I attempt a send to waypoints to my GPSr I get "OK Finished" but the waypoints surely are not to be found on my 60CS.

Also checked my device manager and Garnin is listed as well as the latest driver 2.1

Thanks to all who have taken to time to reply. GSAK is sending OK from the database I had set up previously for local caches but not from the latest database I set up for my trip. I clearly screwed up somehow. I just can't figure it out at this point. Why would my original database send to GPSr but not a new database?

Edited by WranglerTJ

GSAK should send over whatever you have displayed at the time. It's not the case that your 60cs memory is already full, is it?

I can't recall, but different settings may "stick" for different databases. Inspect and compare the export dialogs boxs carefully to ensure that the new one matches the one that works.

GSAK should send over whatever you have displayed at the time. It's not the case that your 60cs memory is already full, is it?

I can't recall, but different settings may "stick" for different databases. Inspect and compare the export dialogs boxs carefully to ensure that the new one matches the one that works.

I've been going at this for hours without a clue as to what I may have changed that is now causing this problem. I expect it may have been firmware related since I updated to Gpsmap 3.90. With the previous version I would always hear an audible when the transfer completed, not so with thiis version for some reason. I can't explain how this happened but as I walked away from my laptop I heard that sound from my 60CS and this tiime each and every waypoint was sent. Go figure!!! I must have some type of conflict on my system. At any rate, it's fine now and I'm ready for my trip. The thought of having to manually enter waypoints was wearing me down. :D

I appreciate all of the help offered here.