Waypoints entering

MontanaNative

Hi, we are new to all this, and we've still not figured out how to manually enter a waypoint into our GPS. The book is very vague!! We have a Garmin E Map. We download the waypoints from Easy GPS into the GPS, but haven't figured out how to manually do it. Any help on this?? We got into Geo Caching by accident, met a guy hunting a cache while we were out 4-wheeling, and got curious, so went online when we got home. Been hunting since. Have the grandkids here this summer, and its been a blast with them, they've had lots of fun stashing and trading! Now we are looking to put out a cache ourselves, but not sure how to take it back out when we leave this area. Need Help here!! :-) Thanks in advance, MontanaNative

I know with the Legend and Vista, you mark a waypoint, then alter the coordinates and waypoint name. I assume it would be similar with the E-Map.

But at least you have EasyGPS. That's a great piece software to have.

"Au pays des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois"

I have a Lowrance I-Finder, and although I can enter coords manually, it's quicker if I do the following -- I'm assuming a similar feature exists on your Garmin. On the plotter screen (the one that shows your trail), I use the up/down and east/west arrows to move the cursor. Once I get the cursor to the desired waypoint, I use the "save current cursor position as waypoint" feature. I'd be surprised if any GPS these days doesn't have a similar feature that allows you to save the current plotter location as a waypoint.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I know with the Legend and Vista, you mark a waypoint, then alter the coordinates and waypoint name. I assume it would be similar with the E-Map.

I think with most (all?) of the etrex models, the quickest way is to just hold the enter button down (when the unit is on of course). This brings up the mark waypoint screen, then you can just edit the Name and coords.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

I think with most (all?) of the etrex models, the quickest way is to just hold the enter button down (when the unit is on of course). This brings up the mark waypoint screen, then you can just edit the Name and coords.

http://brillig.com/geocaching/http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/22008_1700.gif http://www.gpgeocaching.com/

400 caches later I figured this trick out on my GPS V. Ack!

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.