Another 60c/cs Question

on my foretrex201 and my yellow etrex at the waypoints menu i can go to the nearest waypoint and as i get nearer or further the unit will adjust. i just noticed with my 60cs that when i went to the find gocache or waypoint there is no option for nearest... but it shows the nearest caches... however it dosen't update if i get nearer to one cache and farther from another. is there a way to make it find the nearest cache as i move instead of having to keep hitting the find button..

Find > Waypoint > Enter > Menu > Find nearest > select > enter > GOTO Once you select FOUND ...Goto next? ENTER It will pick the next closest waypoint. Works the same with geocaches. I do not see any issues unless I am not understanding your question. You can also use the map page and button the cursor over the closest waypoint or cache symbol on your page then hit enter and goto. <_< ImpalaBob

Find > Waypoint > Enter > Menu > Find nearest > select > enter > GOTO Once you select FOUND ...Goto next? ENTER It will pick the next closest waypoint. Works the same with geocaches. I do not see any issues unless I am not understanding your question. You can also use the map page and button the cursor over the closest waypoint or cache symbol on your page then hit enter and goto. :) ImpalaBob

yeah after you do that it never updates if you leave it on that screen.. on the cheaper models i have it will update as you move... like for example if you're driving on the highway and you move farther away from a cache it will automatically update to tell you you're getting farther away... without having to keep hitting... find.. waypoint.. etc... every 5 minutes. now you understand compadre? i don't necessarily want to go to the nearest cache, i just want to see which cache is closest to me as i move....

I just keep looking at the map and watch the geocaches move by as the map continually updates. I find that easier than watching a list of waypoints, since I'm usually using it for driving directions also.... and if it is real close to an exit, I stop and "get" the cache... ;)

Not sure as I do not have my unit with me .... But once you set the waypoint page to "find nearest" that will be the default. While driving with the waypoint page displayed try hitting QUIT then PAGE and see if it does not update automatically. Not a real solution as you want but a simpler 2 button push if it works.

Otherwise just look at the Map page as Hardwire suggested. :) ImpalaBob