Time For A Specific Uk Tb

So its Florida White Jeeps ......

I think we in the UK need our own TB Icon to make our watery cousins deeply deeply jealous. I suggest a Jaguar TB - not just because I have a lovely speedy S Type Jag but because Jags are inconically British. How about us contacting Jaguar to sponsor our own TB and then getting Jeremy to allow us our own ICON.

Potential slogan:

'Put the Cat in the Cache' or 'Have Cat will Travel'

classic mini (not that b#$%d offspring from bmw) still very british. ie breaks down all the time and rusts at the first sign of rain. but still one of the best cars ever. god i miss my old one.

tvr are still british aren't they?

or the rarely heard of bristol:

http://www.bristolcars.co.uk/index2.htm

didn't quite follow the toyota idea! toyota is japanese last time i looked.

why a car? any thoughts re a different british icon that we could have? a different firm. harry ramsden's fish supper bugs!

I figure a Jeep 4x4 is used in the US to signify the adventure/exploration element of Geocaching?

So if it's to be a UK Kit manufacturers.... then it could be a 4x4 one also

A Land Rover based, UK designed and built dakar 4x4 then <_< Although hardly iconicly British.

J

PS - TVR is Russian owned!

The biggest UK car manufacturer is

London Taxis International

the next largest is

Pilgrim Cars in Brighton (Kit car)

followed a long way behind by the rest of them

edit to add

The Dakar 4x4 was the jeep used by challenge aneka

Nice kit great ground clearance

out performs the donor vehicle due to being 1.5 tonnes lighter <_<

Mainly sold to countries with deserts as it less likely to sink in the sand.

Edited by markandlynn
nahh they sead a  iconic Mini not a baby B.M.W <_<

I hope they would last longer that our Classic Mini TB.

T

We decided to make a London Bus TB.

The idea was to make it an attractive British icon as we were going to release it in Florida whilst on holiday. Two days after placing it in its first permanent cache, the next visitor came along and reported it missing!

Edited by The Hancock Clan
I HATE MOTOR CARS

Dude,

I have to work with the old brum brum (not in a good way) day in day out however I can't think of a better icon which can be made in to a TB.

How would you go about attaching a dog tag to The Beatles, HRH the Queen or Big Ben?

Remember this is all about contempory minds within a contempory sport/hobby. what else do you suggest?

How would you go about attaching a dog tag to The Beatles, HRH the Queen or Big Ben?

It's been done. See here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=29610 and here http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=84920

Personally I think the only good Jack Russell is one in a bap, and this, you fine fulsome folks, IS MY 1000th POST. Woohoo. Hooray for me, etc.

SP :)

P.S. Other TB-Friendly icons of Great Britain:

Isanbard Kingdom Brunell (French Father, but what the hey)

The Jet Engine/Hovercraft/The Bouncing Bomb/Television

Red Post Boxes/Phone Booths/Buses

Bad teeth (See Austin Powers 1, 2 & 3)

The Wellington Boot

Yorkshire Puddings

Corgis

Bagpipes/Kilts/Castles

Leeks/Cheese-on-Toast/coalmines

The Great British Pound, in all its majestic glory.

Cockney Rhyming Slang

Football - REAL football/Cricket/Rugby/Golf/Beach Volleyball (made that last one up)

Margaret Thatcher

Concorde (Dodgy effort, but we designed and built the sexy bits. What a goer!)

Jordan (see above)

Sting/Elvis Costello/Kate Bush/Anyone else who shows my age.

Sir Jimmy Saville (Current goal: To travel the world. Anything to get him out of the country!)

all well and good us suggesting loads of different things but we need a company to sponsor it.

the easiest solution if for someone who works for a large company suggesting to the marketing dept a new unique way to advertise. so now we change this to who works for a good likely firm?

all well and good us suggesting loads of different things but we need a company to sponsor it.

the easiest solution if for someone who works for a large company suggesting to the marketing dept a new unique way to advertise. so now we change this to who works for a good likely firm?

Whoever it is probably needs that outdoors connection so my chances with Muller may be low shall send them the details however when i next walk over to the marketing department thought it may fit with lead a Muller life !!!

What about Berghaus?

Sorry!

I have read and thought about a TB.

Like in past posts it mentions a Land Rover (nearest comparison to a Jeep) Well for a truely british car of the 4x4 variety, Built only in the UK, by a UK owned company, renound for its durability and superb quality and luxury it has to be a Range Rover Classic.

Not that I am bias or anything, but the Range Rover Classic is a British Icon vehicle, with loads still on the road.

Its now 35 years since the first Range Rover rolled off the line, and still going strong.

Affordable by everyone, from poor to rich, (OK I fit in the poor group, but I'm not proud!)

So what about it?

Range Rover Classic TB has a certain ring to it too!