Ignore-listed Caches Show Up On Palm

salpal

I have an Ignore List of 16 caches. When I run a PQ, 3 of them (2 regular caches, 1 CITO event) show up on my Palm, but not on my GPSr.

What am I doing wrong? I deleted the PQ and made a new one, including 'Are on my Ignore List' (as I had previously), but they still show up.

Help!

No, I use Cachemate with a Palm m500, eTrex Vista and eTrex Vista C.

I've been prodded by Robert Lipe to try GSAK, but when I did about 6 mos. ago, I had trouble figuring it out.

But now that I'm more technologically adept...

The reason I asked is that I thought that you might have old data in your GSAK database. If you were merely adding the new data to your database and then sending it to your pda, but uploading the unmolested file to your GPSr, it would explain having different data in each.

That being said, I'm not sure how Cachemate handles this data. Do you delete the old caches when you add the new or does it merely update the data in cachemate? If it just updates the data, it could be writing over caches that are duplicated by the new file, but leaving the ones that are not in the new file (because they are on your ignore list).

It must be something that you are doing to the data after you open the gpx file.

Thanks for the info. Sometimes I delete all the old records on the Palm and then download the new PQ, other time I just let it overwrite. I'll be sure to delete the pages from the Palm and the Waypoints from the GPSrs and see how that works. Some of the logs on the various cache pages had been from about a month ago, including my 'finds'. But I would've thought that the new overwrites would update the log page on the Palm, including my smiley.

I just sprung for GSAK, too. Now I just need to figure it out!

Many thanks, Jeremy and SBell. Sometimes the 'duh' factor gets the best of me. :D