Closing Topics

you know, i understand why topics are closed for the most part, but i dont understand why mnt man closed my recent post so quickly. all i was doing was making a geocaching related topical inquiry. as such, i believe, that a topic posted should be given a little time for people to post a reply to it.

unless of course there is some sort of prejudice on the parts of a moderator concerning posts. in general, the quickness with which my post was closed lends me to believe that certain premium members (such as myself) do not have an equal or qualified voice as has been demonstrated by certain moderators of this forum. the moderators quickness to close a topic, while at the same time, ignoring many duplicated posts, seems somewhat prejudicial.

therefore, i have some questions i would like to ask.

1.) is there a problem with a geocacher inquiring about the national map corps due to the fact that some moderator has a problem with a premium member joining this volunteer program?

2.) how is it that many posts are duplicated on a regula basis and yet a single post is closed without regard to the courtesy of allowing people who may be interested in replying to a post a little time to respond before a moderator closes the post?

here is a supposition for those of you interested. in reference to cache approval and approvers:

i believe that moderators such as mtn man are quick to close posts concerning the national map corps due to the fact that it is my opinion that no one would be better qualified or able to be an approver than someone who is a volunteer for the national maps corps. afterall, we are issued quadrangle maps of an area and are required to report gps data on said data. wouldnt it be logical that since approvers can not go and physically check a location for the most part, but a national maps corps volunteer could? i would go so far as to say that a national maps corps volunteer would be an excellent approver, because they must go out and report gps data from the location they are working.

heres something to consider, the way certain states are trying to ban geocaching, i would hypothesise that in the future, a geocacher would dadgum near have to be in the national maps corps just to be able to geocache, afterall, a national maps corps volunteer has more access to many things now than does a geocacher.

regards

archie

While I can't stick around to discuss this further right now, the post you mention is halfway down the second page, and mtn_man gave you a link to a post detailing the very information you were requesting... I don't see how this would indicate a bias against you joining the NMC... giving you information and all. Further, the question was posted in the wrong forum, thus he closed it.

I guess I don't see the issue... ;):P