More Good Press For Geocaching!

I've found several caches in NV. They're not fully burried. A popular container used were those white 3 and 5 gallon buckets. The ones I found were burried up to about an inch or so of the lip of the can and then had some natural debris covering the lid. I figured that due to lack of vegitation in the desert, it's one of the few methods to conceal a cache there.

I thought the article was very good overall. Burried was just a poor word choice for the writer. Hidden would have been more appropriate considering the amount of virtuals and micros there.

Edited by AtlantaGal

"Buried" seems to appear in most articles. It's what newcomers expect. I saw an article today in the May/June issue of "Country Discoveries" on geocaching which starts out about "buried treasure", but quickly switches to the use of "hiding". (I'd upload the scanned image of the article but I don't know how to get a jpg in here).

Anyway, just another positive article promoting geocaching.

I've found several caches in NV. They're not fully burried. A popular container used were those white 3 and 5 gallon buckets. The ones I found were burried up to about an inch or so of the lip of the can and then had some natural debris covering the lid.

According to the guidelines, that's still not allowed: "If a shovel, trowel or other “pointy” object is used to dig, whether in order to hide or to find the cache, then it is not appropriate."

If you want to see good press on Geocaching almost daily, set up a Google Alert for Geocaching. I get almost an e-mail a day for newspapers running articles on this "NEW" hip and trendy sport they call Geocaching.

It's actually kinda fun reading these as they try and sometimes succeed in explaining what it actually is.

Ohgr