Cracked Garmin 60cs Mounting Bracket

The mounting bracket for my Garmin 60CS cracked through at the upper loop that goes around the button that attaches to the unit. I only had the mount and GPSr for about 2 months when it cracked. I wrote Garmin and they sent me a replacement bracket. That replacement bracket cracked after only a couple of uses. I wrote Garmin again and they will be sending me another replacement bracket.

When I asked Garmin if this is a known problem, they claimed this was the first time they heard about it. Has anyone else have their mounting bracket crack?

Mine is for the bicycle mount, but I noticed it's the same bracket for the marine and automobile mounts as well. I'm not sure if the bracket is cracking due to road vibrations when I'm riding my bicycle or if it cracks when I'm putting or removing the GPSr on the mount. The only reason I noticed that it was cracked was because my GPSr went flying off the mount a couple of times (fortunately the 60CS is ruggedly built).

Mine is for the bicycle mount, but I noticed it's the same bracket for the marine and automobile mounts as well. I'm not sure if the bracket is cracking due to road vibrations when I'm riding my bicycle or if it cracks when I'm putting or removing the GPSr on the mount. The only reason I noticed that it was cracked was because my GPSr went flying off the mount a couple of times (fortunately the 60CS is ruggedly built).

I would guess it's related to the abuse it takes being mounted on the bike. I haven't had this problem using it in the car, and I frequently take it on and off the mount.

The mounting bracket for my Garmin 60CS cracked through at the upper loop that goes around the button that attaches to the unit. I only had the mount and GPSr for about 2 months when it cracked. I wrote Garmin and they sent me a replacement bracket. That replacement bracket cracked after only a couple of uses. I wrote Garmin again and they will be sending me another replacement bracket.

When I asked Garmin if this is a known problem, they claimed this was the first time they heard about it. Has anyone else have their mounting bracket crack?

I had it broken when I droped it along with friction mount from the dashboard to the car floor.

But it broke in different place - lower part of it.

Garmin sent me replacement

I have the ram mount in the car and the plastic holder cracked across the top loop and then completely broke away so I had to tilt it back somewhat so the 60CS doesn't fall out .

I'm pretty sure RAM has an unconditional guarantee. If you give them a call, they will replace the cradle.

Jamie