Modifying Technical Terms

Most of you may have noticed, but we often abuse computer terms in geocaching. Cache, Benchmark and Bug are all computer terms. So lets take this idea further. Come up with some images that represent a computer term but make it something you do outside.

I came up with this idea when I saw this photo that is called "logging in" - see what you can come up with :grin:

b8eb834f-282d-4335-89ab-56952f220ae2.jpg

When I saw the topic I couldn't help but think of the ol, If Dr. Seuss was a technical writer poem that has circulated for years.

It seems to me we have packets, pockets and even the occasional port in our game. I've heard a few geocachers who were also cursors, especially when they're making a dash.

After one "Ham n' Beans Nite" event cache I attended, we were all suffering from bad gauss.

:grin:

Bret

When one of us logs a TB, there would be a pull down menu on the TB log screen with options to indicate whether it had a new or original design dog tag.

If we selected "original", the system would send an e-mail to the TB originator with a link to "click here to check for an updated version of Travel Bug".

:grin:

On second thought, that might not be too popular an idea.

:rolleyes:

Edited by tabulator32