Intrepid Explorer Wanted

CENT5

Ooh ooh ooh- I can't wait! I'll see your week at work and raise you my 4 yr old's first week off from school and my 7 yr old's last 2 weeks of school and the million end-of-school activites I've had to chaperone!  :P I can't wait!  :P

I'll fold my hand of 90+ cancelled flights and 13,000+ displaced and might I say pissed off passengers. Broken airplanes from Cancun to Nome, Kodiak Island to Miami. It is strange though that I love what I do so much that I thrive in the chaos and despite the difficulties, walk away every day a VERY satisfied man. WOOO HOOO wadda week.

Thankfully tonight is quiet.

However, work is just that, work. Pales in comparison to being a Mom, or Dad for that matter. That's 24/7 stuff

You win hands down. :P:blink:

Edited by CENT5

This was a distinct pleasure. With 3500+ caches between them Cathy, Little Blue, and MarcusArelius and myself ( A measly 61) set off across Puget Sound. Bound for Blake Island. LB and MA made quick work of the 2 caches we could get too quickly whilst Cathy chased racoons down the--- hmm beach isn't quite appropriate. LB, bad ankle and all (You really need to rest it LB.) was kicking butt. :P We rolled into Shorebirdy not a moment too soon. Another 15 minutes and we might have been high and dry. :) Had to haul the boat a couple hundred feet to get to enough water to drop the motor. (Found the hole in my chest waders. :laughing: ) Off toMosquito Fleet 1 and Cathy grabbed that one after some discussion about pluses and minuses. :laughing: Off to theYa-Ya Lunch Club Old Soldier Cache. MA drove whilst we had lunch and he also spotted the cache. Had Cathy and LB do the find and replaced the cache with a rescue cache. Will see about adoption as the cache was pretty soggy. The log, while a bit wet, went into the new ammo can with fresh swag. Off the beach and on the way to our main target: Blakley Rock. Cathy took the controls and did a fine job. Sealions on the bouy off the point snoozed as we putted by. Got to the rock right around 1 PM and it was alot more exposed than my last trip. Beached easily on the west end and the cache was soon in hand and took some pix and explored a bit before the run back to the ramp.

Was a GREAT day all around. Thanks for coming.

As an added plus I didn't have to buy the beer. :P

Edited by CENT5

Just how many of these trips are you willing to do?

I'd love to go and have fun too, but I don't want to seem like a pest...it would be at least a couple weeks before I could get a day off except for a week from Monday the 20th (that weekend Fri-Sun is the BCM II and I took the next Monday off too), but I don't remember your schedule.

If we can hook up, I'm all over this. :P

Just how many of these trips are you willing to do?

My schedule is shifting in a couple weeks to T/W/T off (Get off at 9 AM Mon and back to work Th Night at 11 PM.) I could do a Monday run but it would have to be short and fast. Blake Is water accessable caches (2) and the rock then back to the ramp because by then I'll be toast.

I do need to make a run to the Skagit soon but next Th/Fr is out because of issues at work.

I'm always ready, willing, and able to make a run.

Oh that was so much fun, Cent5! :) Altho I have to ask- how long does it take to get the salt water taste out of your mouth- 2 beers later and I can still taste the sea spray! :P

We had the best skipper and I learned a lot about shores and tides and buoys and all that stuff. Saw lots of marine life- my favorite was the sea stars- and got some fun caches to boot. My first trip to Blake Island- cool place! The ankle survived just fine, even if it is a bit clumsy and kept getting stuck in the boat on my way out! :laughing:

Had lots of fun and even got to drop off a new Jeep TB for some very motivated soul. Have fun!

Oh that was so much fun, Cent5! :) Altho I have to ask- how long does it take to get the salt water taste out of your mouth- 2 beers later and I can still taste the sea spray!  :P

Umm I guess I can tel the secret to that lil deal. Ya gotta drink beer while your on the saltwater. Kinda like liquid pretzel's. :laughing:

well hello alls as i can tell i am more than late for all your excitement im in military army tyo be exact looking for some of these exciting type of adventures..any that you guys may want/have comming up im more than anxious trying to get involved especially with some of you more experienced as of right now i can basically get whenever off as long as i have a week notice..built up leave:) except for june 27/28 and july 9/10 for personnel issues..if you have any little trips you want to do as group or individually please let me know if possible email also due to alot of time cant check this as often as my email at work...

gregory.schuy@us.army.mil

thanx again all :laughing:

well hello alls as i can tell i am more than late for all your excitement im in military army tyo be exact looking for some of these exciting type of adventures..any that you guys may want/have comming up im more than anxious trying to get involved especially with some of you more experienced as of right now i can basically get whenever off as long as i have a week notice..built up leave:) except for june 27/28 and july 9/10 for personnel issues..if you have any little trips you want to do as group or individually please let me know if possible email also due to alot of time cant check this as often as my email at work...

gregory.schuy@us.army.mil

thanx again all :laughing:

e-mail sent