What Means Fdnf

Several possibilities have been mentioned. Here is another: f and d are next to each other on the keyboard. It could have just been a typo where the person hit the next key over once before typing the dnf part. Unlikely, but possible.

Edited by carleenp
Several possibilities have been mentioned. Here is another: f and d are next to each other on the keyboard. It could have just been a typo where the person hit the next key over once before typing the dnf part. Unlikely, but possible.

I doubt its a typo. The log kinda makes it obvious what it meant.

"watchdawg and I spent 40 minutes trudging all over the place for this one. So,... guess we'll do the next best thing and post a FDNF. *sigh* "

I cringe when I see initials because I can't figure out what they mean most of the time since I normally don't speak that way. But this one seemed obvious to me after reading the log.

Salvelinus

And here we have the answer to my email.

"I'd be curious which forum (as there are so many) that the discussion has been

taking place.

I actually made it a bit of a joke. Since I didn't make the first find (FTF),

... I thought'd I'd play a bit and be the first did not find (FDNF) :D"

Mystery solved!

I had heard about this thread, but only found it today. I be that poster. As my response to a private e-mail was posted, I was playing with the FTF and DNF... It was intended to be First to DNF. No, I wasn't trying to be vulgar..... although I and watchdawg were getting very irritated as we tore that bridge apart trying to find the cache (which watchdawg went back that evening and found in a spot we both had thoroughly looked....leading me to wonder if we got there before it was placed).

bit twiddler

I guess I need to add this to my logging vocabulary since I am often first to DNF a cache. What really upsets me is that they are often rated 1/1. In fact just this morning I was searching for one of those. Guess I need to add that to my log.

:)

Edited by Night Stalker