Gps Coordinates Conterter And Google Maps

Google offers not only maps, but color satellite images. All you need to do is to enter an address as your search. Then, on the map page (upper right) there is a link to display the satellite images. Real cool.

However... I tested and found out that it won't offer the map page if you enter GPS coordinates instead of an address :o

SO!.... instead, go here http://boulter.com/gps/ and enter your coordinates, then select the Google maps link, and from there, switch to the arial photos. Too cool!

I enter coordinates directly into Google maps all the time and haven't had a problem. I know for a fact that they didn't used to support it, but they add new functionality all the time.

You can even get turn-by-turn directions to coordinates by clicking on the Directions link and putting an address in a first box and coords in the second - pretty cool!

Bah!! They only do one country! Quite worthless for me at this level.

They should move the service to maps.google.us.

maps_res_logo.gif

Google Maps is in BETA right now. Besides, it is much easier to troubleshoot the real problems after you have removed all the trouble makers. :(