Doh!

ZORR

I have a dell axium pda, 32mb, along with my gps, garmin etrex. I recently ran into another cachier who told me bout GSAK and how he uses it with his pda.

I have tried several time to get this to work with no luck. Am I suppose to DL something else to my pda? for support? I tried the winzip but had no luck there either. I am not that much of a Newb but I am feeling like Homer Simpson :lol: banging his head on a wall. :ph34r:

Thanks

ZORR

I'd recommend getting GPXSonar for the PDA. It has an option to export your field notes to GSAK format. It'll read the .gpx file straight from gc.com.

Last I heard, GSAK only RAN on PC's, but would export data in formats for certain handhelds. I'm not sure what the other cacher was talking about, unless he was using GSAK to sort/filter/merge .gpx files, then exporting his results to a file for his PDA program to use.

OK tried the gpxsonar, got it DL'd to pda but says "cannot find "gpxsonar" or one of its componets."

I have nothing on the PDA to take up space(been collecting dust) so there's no lack of memory. It did DL to pc to a selected file and it seems fine there, nothing missing from "libraries" or so it seems.

Shoot it, kill it, smash it or try again?............. ohh and thanks for the help:)

ZORR

Go through the forums on the GPXSonar site. There's posts for the questions that were asked here with links to the older version if necessary.

If you're getting a long loading time, it could be due to a specific cache that has some funky stuff (typically excessive HTML) in it. Narrowing it down could take a bit of time, but that's what posts on the forums indicate the usual problem to be.

Also, there's a Performance option under the Tools menu which allows you to use more or less memory. If someone has an issue, they should try the other option then what they were running to see if that helps.

GSAK is a PC based application. Only GPSEasy and GPSSonar are PDA applications and either is as easy as the other to install and use. If you need help then email me. I have a DELL and and IPAQ. If you do not have PPocket PC 2003 then your have to use use GPSEasy.

cheers

Edited by AtoZ

You guys are great ... thanks for the info and will get on it tonight. I did find GPXView got it DL'd but havent had time to try it out... any info on this? I believe I did get GPS Sonar DL'd but it said i was missing "some components" and was unable to continue, so I killed it and looked some more.

Thanks again

ZORR

Edited by ZORR