Pda Prize For Ftf

mrking

:lol: Ok, I am really excited about this!! :ph34r:

I recently got into paperless caching and love it, so I thought it would be great to give a PDA away as a FTF prize.

I finally won (or should I say steal) an auction on eBay for a PALMONE ZIRE 2MB B/W LEATHER CASE , CABLES AND SOFTWARE. I got it for cheap but it is in perfect working order. Sure 2MB is not really alot but I have over 800 caches on my PDA and it only takes up less than 1MB.

So, I will be placing a cache in the lower mainland within a month, with this PDA in it along with a trial version of Cachemate 4.0 on it (with uploaded caches of the area where this cache will be) for someone to take home as a FTF prize.

I hope others will find this as exciting as I do. Going paperless is fantastic.

My only request will be that the FTF cacher is not currently using a PDA for caching. However, it will not be something within my control.

I'll post the GCXXXX number up when it is approved.

cheers,

mrking

Edited by mrking

Great offer Mr. K!

I'm sure that cache will have some people racing to it! I have an M130 with 8mb of memory. I have over 2000 caches loaded into it and that only took 4 mb. Like you said, 2 mb is really plenty for the PDA if you are only using it for caching. I will be interested to see who gets it. :ph34r:

Oh, should I mention it isn't going to be easy? :lol:

I have not decided whether to place it in an ammo can and do a mystery cache with no hints or a micro with no hints. After the FTF I will place hints on the page for others of course.

Either way it will be tough, but doable in a first atempt. The last thing I want is someone to get mad or disappointed that they looked for two hours and then had to come back only to find someone else found it.

Actually, if there is alot of competition it would be funny to have a bunch of cachers show up at teh same time to duke it out (figuratively of course :ph34r:)

Anyone, that is currently paperless and not going to go after this cache, has any great ideas on a hide, please email me.

Thanks!!

Edited by mrking

Update***

OK I have everythign ready for awhile. Been out twice looking for a good spot but nothing really fits with the puzzle I have. I may have to come up with a new puzzle for this one. Looks like it will be delayed at least a week.

Sorry everyone.

GO, GO, GO

Well, 7 months late but it is good to go and will be placed soon.

Many circumstances have added to the delay however I hope to have it out this month on a weekend so everyone gets a chance. Cache will be placed in the lower mainland in BC.

zire.jpg

FTF will be a 2MB Palm Zire, with charger, hotsync cable, leather case and a CD with the following:

Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for WinXP (English)

GSAK 6.5.0 (unregistered)

Cachmate 4.1.2 (unregistered)

Google Earth

Palm Zire "Getting Started" PDF

Palm Zire "Users Guide" PDF

As we get closer to the eventual date the cache goes "live" on CG.com I'll make sure to update this post.

Good luck to all.

All I ask is that if you intend to go after the cache, please make good use of it. :D

Cheers,

Mike