To Pee, Or Not To Pee?

After about 1 hour of hiking, I stumbled upon a heavily wooded area... would you guess what I saw there? Some fat guy taking a pee in the woods, I walked on by. Unfortunately, about 3 mins later when he had left, I found that my GPS took me straight to the area where the man had "relieved" himself. While realizing how uncanny this was I saw it, the cache was as wet as my forehead which I was constantly pouring water over on the way to it. I couldn't bring myself to touch it so while using up the last of my water to refresh myself I decided to wait till the next day to obtain this cache.

Have you ever been in a situation like this or close to this? If so post it.

"IT WAS DISGUSTING!!!" :o:D:D:ph34r::o:huh::o:D:(:(:P:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Locke003

I wouldn't have bothered even touching the cache, but I would have counted it as a find. I always take digital photos of every cache I find, so I would have the photo as proof that I found the cache, and hopefully the cache owner would understand why I didn't open the cache and sign the logbook.

Found a cache, hidden in the rafters at a shelter house in Paoli indiana, that someone thought it would be funny to "fill up" and rehide. It was cold and at first not apparrent, so after emptying the fluid and drying out the log, :lol::lol:<_< .

Yes it did strike me funny as to how it got wet up in the rafters, but who would have thought.

Agg. How can it be that you have a reasonable expectation of privacy behind a bush, but not under your clothes?! (If you're confused, look up recent articles about pervs going through malls and videotaping up young girls' skirts - but doing absolutely nothing wrong, legally)

In any case, I seem to be reading more and more of this and have added a few pair of gloves into my sack. Gross, yes, but I think urine is sterile when it leaves the body (of course, then it sits there for however long....) I guess I just don't understand why someone would do that on purpose - but I never understood the 'let's destroy something for fun' thing that kids/people seem to get into, either. Makes me want to smack people.

Is this really as common as the forum is leading me to believe?

I say PEE! Its bad for your kidneys to hold it, ask george costanza. Don't pee on anything that people will handle, but if I'm in the woods and nature calls (isn't that why they call it that) dang right I'm gonna go. Heck, I'll take a trip to the woods specifically for that! Beats a gas station restroom any day! :D

Last year while we were looking for a cache, my 6-year-old son knocked over a plastic container of human waste which was right at the cache site. (There were campers nearby...since this campsite had flush toilets, I can't explain why they felt it necessary to do both numbers in a plastic jug). Eww. Pee-UUUUU. We rinsed off in the ocean, but the smell was quite clingy. Sadly, the drive home was nearly two hours. We did it with the windows down. His shoes went into the trash, everything else went straight into the laundry. Definitely my grossest experience in a long time.

I was walking down the bike path to the APE cache at Crab Creek in Maryland a few weeks ago and I looked up the path...nobody, down the path...nobody, and proceeded to go. Of course right in midstream, when it is the hardest to stop, two women runners come down the trail. I stopped, zipped, tried to look nonchalant, looked down, and what did I see...a very wet turtle. Poor guy.

I really, really had to go (I have IBS) and my GPS had me 60 feet from ground zero so I squatted down and let go. As I was hiking up my pants I saw the cache about 5 feet away :rolleyes: .

No Rep. Ceips, this was not in a cemetery.

i actyally peed on a very well camo'd cache i was hunting for...took me so long to find, just had to go...didn't realize i was already there till my tinkle made that tell-tale sound <_<

My gosh, I had no idea that peeing while caching was such a common experience. I guess it makes sense when you consider that you may be out in the woods with no potty for an hour or more. I will admit the junior Rowdies have baptised many a cache location, but so far not on any actual cache (thank goodness). If someone pees on a cache on purpose, that's just plain gross and inexcusable!!! Yuck!

I was walking down the bike path to the APE cache at Crab Creek in Maryland a few weeks ago and I looked up the path...nobody, down the path...nobody, and proceeded to go.  Of course right in midstream, when it is the hardest to stop, two women runners come down the trail.  I stopped, zipped, tried to look nonchalant, looked down, and what did I see...a very wet turtle.  Poor guy.

You peed on a poor turtle? :rolleyes: That's awful!

I was walking down the bike path to the APE cache at Crab Creek in Maryland a few weeks ago and I looked up the path...nobody, down the path...nobody, and proceeded to go.  Of course right in midstream, when it is the hardest to stop, two women runners come down the trail.  I stopped, zipped, tried to look nonchalant, looked down, and what did I see...a very wet turtle.  Poor guy.

You peed on a poor turtle? :rolleyes: That's awful!

I'll bet there was a splashback factor introduced from that shell.

I guess it makes sense when you consider that you may be out in the woods with no potty for an hour or more.

Last year at Allegneny National forest in PA. 14 hours of hiking and the only rest room was at the parking area, and that was a stone outhouse. A hole in the floor and a pipe leading out the back of the hut.

I think there was a regulation posted that relieving yourself in the woods was not allowed, but without any other facilities what are you supposed to do? I feel really bad for anyone who might camp at the sites by the lake, hold it for the duration or hike 6 hours back to the lot.

I agree with thrak, guys can and do pee outside. Deal with it. If someone is that inconsiderate, or unaware that they pee on the cache, that sucks. However, there are probably many more animals that pee on caches than humans. Animals mark their territory on things that seem foreign to them. I assume many animals have marked many more caches than you can imagine.

Just me $0.20.

I'm a guy. I pee outside. Deal with it. It's one of the perks of being male.

Er, last time I checked, females could pee outside too.

Of course they can. My wife and daughter can attest to that. However, it is FAR more common for males to pee outside. When hiking or camping women pee outside. Men will do it just because they can. At a campgound women will always walk to a toilet if possible. Men will usually pee on a tree.