Kudos To Nefga

Forget about the numbers of caches, caches, travel bugs, geocoins, and everything else that can be counted, measured, and calculated, and analyzed for just a few minutes. :o

The members and leadership of NEFGA did a heck of a job planning, organizing, and presenting one heck of a great event this past weekend for anyone who chose to attend. The rest of you who didn't make it really missed out. It was great to meet cachers I have only known through these forums for several years. It was great to see those that I met at last years GW2 event.

I speak from lots of experience-it isn't easy to put on big multi faceted events, but they made it look easy. :D

Cheers, hats off, huzzah, skol etc. to our hosts for this past weekend. You should be proud of yourselves. The bar has really been raised once again for the hosts of GW4. :D

Now back to your regularly scheduled counting, measuring, calcualting, and analyzing. :D

Forget about the numbers of caches, caches, travel bugs, geocoins, and everything else that can be counted, measured, and calculated, and analyzed for just a few minutes. :o

The members and leadership of NEFGA did a heck of a job planning, organizing, and presenting one heck of a great event this past weekend for anyone who chose to attend. The rest of you who didn't make it really missed out. It was great to meet cachers I have only known through these forums for several years. It was great to see those that I met at last years GW2 event.

I speak from lots of experience-it isn't easy to put on big multi faceted events, but they made it look easy. :D

Cheers, hats off, huzzah, skol etc. to our hosts for this past weekend. You should be proud of yourselves. The bar has really been raised once again for the hosts of GW4. :D

Now back to your regularly scheduled counting, measuring, calcualting, and analyzing. :D

What he said.

El Diablo

Dittos for what wimseyguy said. I was not sure if I wanted to go, but I am so happy that I did. The experience was something to be remembered and it was a pleasure to meet people from around the world. The organization was indeed outstanding and the food and drinks were just fantastic.

Thanks for a great time. Great job NEFGA.

Although unable to attend the event in Jacksonville due to some dog sitting problems, we did make the 4wd event in the Osceloa Forest. clan_barron, Steve, and tdjvolks made sure the rest of us felt comfortable and at ease. The trails through the forest were incredible to do some mud slinging and 4 wheeling. Hats off to NEFGA for a great job and some truly fine members.

CacheStan and TexasJ

I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words.We will be doing a post event wrapup in the first published issue of Today's Cacher. The biggest and most important number to those of us in NEFGA is this we had over 530 cachers attend and not a one of them went home hungry. We fed all those cachers from a buffet feeding line and served them all in under an hour. Now that is an accomplishemnt.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words.We will be doing a post event wrapup in the first published issue of Today's Cacher. The biggest and most important number to those of us in NEFGA is this we had over 530 cachers attend and not a one of them went home hungry. We fed all those cachers from a buffet feeding line and served them all in under an hour. Now that is an accomplishemnt.

I got hungry waiting for the beans!

Seriously though, great job NEFGA.

It was FANNNNNNNNNTASTIC. We had almost lost our voice by the time we left. The food was delicious and everything went off without a hitch. There was no rain the whole time we were there (4 days). There were tons of caches with some for any taste. We can't wait now for GW4. They will have big shoes to fill.

This was so much fun.. with the planing it all came together and just fell into place, everyone did there part and it all worked out.

I am glad that everyone had a good time and you enjoyed your stay in NEFGA land. I heard nothing but good things said, even about my caches. Your always welcome back and if you need someone to cache with just drop a line in the NEFGA forum and you will have all the offers you will ever need.

:D

NEFGA you rocked my cache off on this event. This was a really great and awesome time, a little sun burned and bloodied up, but what is some Woodstock without fun and blood. :D

BIG THANKS TO:

1.NATE and GROUNSPEAK for our little "present"

2.The entire NEFGA for this wonderful event

3.TPTB for putting this event within distance

4. Extra thanks from me to Sights2C for a great run on Sunday (now comes the fun in logging)

5. To certain forum mods for not tossing me into the near by lake after some previous head-to-heads in the past. These people are human too and we love you all

:wub::):D:wub:

Well back to my 429 plus e-mails on my gc e-mail account

:wub::wub::wub::D to NEFGA

I really appreciate the print outs with all the Hanna Park caches, the Cities of NEFGA caches, the Pocket caches, the traveling caches, the commmorative caches, the milestone caches the poker run caches...... anyway, it sure did simplify remembering and logging. AND all the GC ids and coords were correct. Also good food, also lots of loot at the end, also lots of folks to meet. Did I mention caches? Thank you thank you..... thank you all especially The Federation Ice Cream Man and Paintfiction for going to GW2 and promoting JAX for GW3. Now, where's 4????

We're truly sorry we missed the event. I guess we could have made it, but I doubt my daughter would forgive us missing her high school graduation. Besides, we had other events on our minds, as well.

Kudos to the Jax group!

Your daughter should feel bad for making you miss GW3!!!! :grin::grin::rolleyes:

Congrats on her graduation BTW! :(

We're truly sorry we missed the event.  I guess we could have made it, but I doubt my daughter would forgive us missing her high school graduation.  Besides, we had other events on our minds, as well.

Kudos to the Jax group!

Your daughter should feel bad for making you miss GW3!!!! :grin::grin::rolleyes:

Congrats on her graduation BTW! :(

Thanks. She actually finished early and had already been at college taking courses. She felt she wanted to walk with her class.

Her goal is to be an attorney, too! ;) We have no doubts she can make it.

As a matter of fact, she's accompanied Sissy to the Judiciary Commitee meeting and watched some of the things going on. She made some very astute observations about our opponents. Smart girl.

The biggest and most important number to those of us in NEFGA is this we had over 530 cachers attend and not a one of them went home hungry. We fed all those cachers from a buffet feeding line and served them all in under an hour. Now that is an accomplishemnt.

An hour? It looked more like about 20-30 minutes to me! Extra special kudos to Cindy, Dwaine and the food crew for doing a fantastic job feeding so many people. Cindy may have never fed so many people before but you couldn't tell from her performance at the event.

We're truly sorry we missed the event.  I guess we could have made it, but I doubt my daughter would forgive us missing her high school graduation.  Besides, we had other events on our minds, as well.

Kudos to the Jax group!

Your daughter should feel bad for making you miss GW3!!!! :D;):D

Congrats on her graduation BTW! :D

Thanks. She actually finished early and had already been at college taking courses. She felt she wanted to walk with her class.

Her goal is to be an attorney, too! :P We have no doubts she can make it.

As a matter of fact, she's accompanied Sissy to the Judiciary Commitee meeting and watched some of the things going on. She made some very astute observations about our opponents. Smart girl.

I know I am OT, sorry! CR, if she ever wants advice on undergrad classes to take to help with admission to law school or studying for the LSAT etc. Feel free to have her write to me! I will happily give advice! :D

Just one more thing...... it appears that Head Grillmaster Dwaine, Chris and Rodney's prowess on the grill scared off all those who would've challenged them so I think I can safely crown them Geocaching's Bar-B-Q Masters. Anyone who disputes this will be given due consideration after you come to NEFGA country and cook for our next event. ;)

We're truly sorry we missed the event.

Yep! You're one of the few folks that I DIDN'T get a chance to meet this past weekend.

The NEFGA are just an AWESOME group!!!

You guys did a great job with GWIII and all the other functions. I know my local crowd is going to get tired of hearing how much fun I had. ;)

Special thanks to the better half of Clan Barron for this shot of me on the GWIII4WD Run:

1960897d-15fc-4b17-b66e-c03c1404b82b.jpg

The biggest and most important number to those of us in NEFGA is this we had over 530 cachers attend and not a one of them went home hungry. We fed all those cachers from a buffet feeding line and served them all in under an hour. Now that is an accomplishemnt.

An hour? It looked more like about 20-30 minutes to me! Extra special kudos to Cindy, Dwaine and the food crew for doing a fantastic job feeding so many people. Cindy may have never fed so many people before but you couldn't tell from her performance at the event.

I was one of the last to tear myself away to go eat and there was still tons of food. I ended up taking a plate home later.

I agree. It sure didn't seem like an hour....

Special thanks to the better half of Clan Barron for this shot of me  on the GWIII4WD Run:

1960897d-15fc-4b17-b66e-c03c1404b82b.jpg

And our thanks to Snoogans for bringing "Cujo the cache Monster" along on the 4WD run. He helped keep the 7 year old of Clan Barron happy. She couldn't wait to get to the next cache so she could hold Cujo again!

7d34c6f9-42f3-4cc1-835c-bdb9c61004d1.jpg

Just one more thing......  it appears that Head Grillmaster Dwaine, Chris and Rodney's prowess on the grill scared off all those who would've challenged them so I think I can safely crown them Geocaching's Bar-B-Q Masters.  Anyone who disputes this will be given due consideration after you come to NEFGA country and cook for our next event.    :P

Skeered off, nah! Just had different priorities. Lets see, hmm sweat all day over a hot grill, or enjoy the company of hundreds of fellow cachers, and find more caches. ;)

Besides, it was hard enough parking the Team CHB van without having to tow a grill around all weekend. :D

The grill crew did a fantastic job. They can come work for me anytime. :D

And I probably pay better than NEFGA did for that event.

BIG THANKS TO ALL IN NEFGA You guys did an awesome job. I can't even imagine ALL the hard work that was involved in this. MOSTLY I was amazed that we had enough to drink. I mean it was Florida hot out there and I never was thirsty...well not for long cause I had to get myself to the drinks. :( Even having a first aid with aspirin for those (ME) who caches on my knees mostly....

The yard bird, My hats off to ya! YUMMY and all the desserts. ;) Talk about some serious planning! Prizes were great...we all enjoyed that!

The caches where out of this world! You were able to coordinate ALL those travel BUGS! YIKES what a lot of work!

The weather ...man did it offer perfect caching weather.

I can't imagine filling the shoes y'all put out there!

One thing I enjoyed positively the most is the group of people....everyone was so nice and friendly. I felt almost like I was at a family reunion....Not a cross word or frown in the group. I came away having met some truly great people!

NEFGA Hats off to ya! You did everyone right! Thanks a million!

;)

Pair O Dux

Edited by pair-o-dux

By all accounts, the Florida group must have done a fantastic job. Unfortunately for me, it was a bad weekend to be a teacher who geocaches. We're required to attend the graduation ceremony. I enjoyed it as always, but hated missing GW3. I didn't start geocaching until a month after GW1 and also couldn't attend GW2 due to family obligations on the 4th of July.

One of these years...maybe GW4...is it Michigan? Do we need a new thread or link to find out?

Anyway, congrats to NEFGA and those who got to go. The photos look great. Now, where's my WJTB? Turtle, did you get any to distribute? A Turtle Trek is in my future for #400. It'd be great to find one as a prize. :(

One of these years...maybe GW4...is it Michigan? Do we need a new thread or link to find out?

Yes that topic should be in another thread. My understanding of the passing of the GW host scepter is this: in order to host the next one, a representative should be present at this year's event. Make your pitch, both publicly and privately. The organizations that have hosted the previous GW's will select the next destination.

Personally, I'd like to see it somewhere in the middle of the country next year too, but I don't get a vote.

We just wanted to put in our thoughts about GW3...it was Fabulous! We had the best time and met the best people! We have read so much about the "Big Number Ho's" across the world and we had the privilege to cache with lots of them during the events and had a great time ! Thanks NEFGA for a wonderful event and the planning was outstanding....but like any other NEFGA event they are all great!....Can't wait til next year now!

tdj

Thanks to everyone that helped make GW3 an outstanding event. Glad to meet so many new people, especially the Florida “names” I have seen so often when I cache there. There never seems to be enough time to meet everyone that I would like to know.

Peace,

Darrell

Edited by Show Me the Cache
Now, where's my WJTB? Turtle, did you get any to distribute? A Turtle Trek is in my future for #400. It'd be great to find one as a prize. :)

I got one and my son VR Turtle got one we plan on putting them out on the 6th of June in the area of my Turtle Trek 2 and 3 but they will not be as hard of a hike. Look out around the 6th for them to post. :)

Now, where's my WJTB? Turtle, did you get any to distribute? A Turtle Trek is in my future for #400. It'd be great to find one as a prize.  :)

I got one and my son VR Turtle got one we plan on putting them out on the 6th of June in the area of my Turtle Trek 2 and 3 but they will not be as hard of a hike. Look out around the 6th for them to post. :)

On topic: The more I read and hear about GW3 from local KY cachers and from those far away on the cache page, the more impressed I am with NEFGA's accomplishment. Way to go! Even if GW3 is over, I look forward to a Jacksonville trip in the future for my own beach and historical cache runs.

Off topic: Thanks for the news, Turtle--at least I have a chance at an indirect GW3 link since the Jeep was there. Of course, that's only if I can find the cache first.

This event easily made my Top 10 list of things done in my lifetime! I know the amount of hard work that went into this and all the volunteers did a fantastic job!

I took almost 200 pictures during my week off. Some of them will be in the premiere issue of Today's Cacher.

One of the coolest things of the weekend was meeting up with The Leprechauns, CarleenP, Mtn-Man, and Nate the Great. Today's Cacher staffers GeoWorms, Aprilbapryll, her sister Limited 3 and myself joined them at one of Florida's most infamous caches, The Federation Must Pay!. The cache site is a statue of 3 lions and the cache is hidden, well... I'll just say it's well hidden. Here are the obligatory embarrassing photos which I am posting because they are too good to pass up. These are spoiler photos so don't look if you don't want to know. The cache logs are full of spoilers which is okay with the owner. Thanks for the fun!

The Ol' Reach Around

d8bc5b06-f6a6-4222-987e-75949e2d564c.jpg

You might feel some discomfort

1ad9522f-27ee-4772-b276-1c896852c961.jpg

I can smell the cache

2c62aa17-290a-4751-ace7-1c6523ed8275.jpg

This won't hurt a bit

57f85047-a275-4f61-b26a-f664f901e23b.jpg

Panthera leo amour

32498c4d-43a5-444b-bcfe-a924dc128ea5.jpg

Sorry for the late post, but I too would like to thank all of the NEFGA folks that helped organize GW3. It was the perfect destination for a long caching road trip. All of the event activities, food, prizes etc were very well thought out and exectued. Hats off to you all. Additionally I was very impressed with the quanity of J'ville caches as well as the quality. You all do it right.

Maxine & Me

Lexington, KY

I too would like to offer thanks to NEFGA for a fantastic event!! I was a little under the weather for most of it but once again (just like GW2) had an absolute blast the entire weekend!

I also want to thank some people which to my knowledge have not been thanked thus far -- the spouses/signifincant others and families of those involved!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

You played a large role in this event whether you were recruited to help or just provided moral support. This event was a huge undertaking and required many hours of preparation before the event event began.

I was only able to meet some of you durning GW3 and the Number Ho event and it was an extreme pleasure to meet those that I did!

So thank you NEFGA members for hosting a wonderfull event and thanks to their support system that allowed them to pull this off in such a spectacular manner!

LSUMonica

aka Monica Summers

Nashville TN

I would like to thank Leo the Lion.  Our time together was brief, but very very special.  I shall treasure the memories always.

I nearly spewed Dr Pepper all over my keyboard when I read your post..... :lol:B):lol:B)

I was driving through San Marco this morning and it seemed to me that one of those lions was actually (...I know this sounds silly...) he was actually smiling.