Cityselect V. 6 North America

Check out your local Best Buy store.

We came across the Legend C and Vista C navigation kit on clearance for $104.00. We have the 60c, but we purchased this kit anyhow.

This kid included CitySelect, the portable friction mount, mounting bracket, 12/24volt card adapter, and the dashmount.

We were even able to rig up a way to use the friction mount and mounting bracket with our 60c.

We had a 10% off coupon for Best Buy, we so got the package for $94. before tax.

This is the same kit that is selling on ebay for $160! Our Best Buy only had one kit, but it's worth checking out!

Ebay auction

WOOHOO!!!!!!! They had 3 of them left and one was a return so it was priced at $89. Gotta love that. Thanks again! If anyone else needs one and can't find one, let me know.

WOW!! A GREAT DEAL--AND AN OPEN BOX!?!?!?!??! That's even better than ours!!!! Great! So glad someone else took advantage of this deal!

We checked another Best Buy in Pittsburgh, and they didn't have any of them, so I was hoping that it wasn't just at one store!

89 is incredible! With our coupon it only would have been 80! YIKES!

:o

Can I get details on the coupon?

Periodically Best Buy sends coupons to their customers who either have their Reward Zone card, or their credit card.

This past weekend we got a set of the coupons to use over the holiday weekend (this tends to be when coupons are issued) and there were 3 of them good for 10% off various categories of items.

FYI--the gps and software for gps units is included in the mobile electronics category.

Another FYI--the coupons specifically state that they are not valid on clearance merchandise, but ours worked just fine on the clearance software.

Even without the coupons--$104 is still a good deal!

Well, I would like to thank Mr. W. Guyton for opening the software pack and stealing the activation code so I can't use my new software. Software theft is a serious crime and I personally hope that Garmin contacts the FBI and informs them of it.

*sits and grumbles about how stupid some people are and how the rest of us have to pay for it one way or another*

Well, I would like to thank Mr. W. Guyton for opening the software pack and stealing the activation code so I can't use my new software. Software theft is a serious crime and I personally hope that Garmin contacts the FBI and informs them of it.

*sits and grumbles about how stupid some people are and how the rest of us have to pay for it one way or another*

OH NO!

The person who returned it used it first?? Did you go back to Best Buy? I hope ours isn't a problem!!! We haven't tried to use it!

I try and stay away from previously opend merchandise for this exact reason, I hope bestbuy does you right.

I know that we've bought a lot of open box items from them, and we've never had a problem with them--Chris used to work for Best Buy, and all of their returned items and opened and checked to be sure that they work before being sold as open items. I guess there is no way for them to check the software though?

I'm anxious to hear how this turns out!

I just got back from my local BB where I checked out the kit for sale.

The City Select media and all related materials were in a sealed white envelope. For someone to buy, register, burn, and return, they would have to open the sealed envelope. Shame on Best Buy for accepting the return! Stores like that are usually good about shaking their finger at attempts to return any software/media broken from its factory seal.

I will say that it looked like the serial for the software was printed onto a label affixed to the OUTSIDE of the envelope. So the question as to whether this scumbag broke the seal or not is still questionable.

Hope BB does you right also ... Shame on that customer.

My kit questions:

a.) Does the charger work with your 60C(S)? The charger in the kit at BB only offers a 4-pin mini USB dongle, not the circular 4-pin thats on the back of the 60CS. I guess the Vista/Legend doesnt have the circular 4-pin.

b.) How much hackery did it take to get the mount bracket to take to the 60CS? From what I can see on the web, there is somewhat of a size difference between the two parts. Run any risk of breaking the mount?

c.) Is the 4-pin mini USB port exposed when the 60CS is secured in the mounting bracket (i.e. can you have your 60CS in the bracket and still have it powered with the 12V charger)?

My City Select questions (too lazy to search :D:

a.) Is CSNA v7 due out soon? I know Europe v7 is out now.

b.) If it comes out soon, are upgrades to v7 from v6 free of charge? Or relatively cheap?

Thanks!

I went back this afternoon and they said they were sorry and would take it back but charged me the difference to the $104 clearance price. It's still better than what I found online so I paid the difference. Mr. M (hubby) wasn't too happy with me when I told him about it so he went back and they refunded him the difference. So we have a new, and valid code, for my good deal of $89. WOOHOO!

The seal was broken, but they said that they opened it when it was returned to make sure that it was all in the box. It said it was "Complete" and that's what I thought I was getting. I never heard of them taking back an opened software program before so I just assumed it was their policy to open it and that's why it was marked down.

I would have to say now that the guy who returned it, probably opened it, copied it and then registered it. SHAME on him for certain. I'm just happy that BB honored it and gave me a new one. I will be curious to see Garmin's take on it because I emailed them about it too. I'll post an update if/when I hear from them.

I just got back from my local BB where I checked out the kit for sale.

The City Select media and all related materials were in a sealed white envelope. For someone to buy, register, burn, and return, they would have to open the sealed envelope. Shame on Best Buy for accepting the return! Stores like that are usually good about shaking their finger at attempts to return any software/media broken from its factory seal.

I will say that it looked like the serial for the software was printed onto a label affixed to the OUTSIDE of the envelope. So the question as to whether this scumbag broke the seal or not is still questionable.

Hope BB does you right also ... Shame on that customer.

My kit questions:

a.) Does the charger work with your 60C(S)? The charger in the kit at BB only offers a 4-pin mini USB dongle, not the circular 4-pin thats on the back of the 60CS. I guess the Vista/Legend doesnt have the circular 4-pin.

b.) How much hackery did it take to get the mount bracket to take to the 60CS? From what I can see on the web, there is somewhat of a size difference between the two parts. Run any risk of breaking the mount?

c.) Is the 4-pin mini USB port exposed when the 60CS is secured in the mounting bracket (i.e. can you have your 60CS in the bracket and still have it powered with the 12V charger)?

My City Select questions (too lazy to search :lol::

a.) Is CSNA v7 due out soon? I know Europe v7 is out now.

b.) If it comes out soon, are upgrades to v7 from v6 free of charge? Or relatively cheap?

Thanks!

Ok, we bought the kit on Sunday, but we haven't used much of it yet. Honestly, we bought the entire kit for the software, since it was cheaper than any software we have found.

We used the friction mount on the dashboard, and the flat mounting bracket that comes in the kit. At the top of the mounting bracket, there is a horizontal bar. We put the belt clip on our 60c, and then clipped the belt clip to this top horizontal bar. Now, its not a perfect fit, and the GPS COULD swing from side to side, but so far so good. It works well enough that we won't be spending another $25 on the 60c mount. I can take a picture of it, but can I post it to this thread without having it stored on another website? If so, let me know and I'll post.

We haven't tried the charger, but I will do so this morning and post back. I will see if it works with the mount. It seems like it should...

I'll try out the charger and let you know.

Soup--I'm glad things worked out for you!

I can take a picture of it, but can I post it to this thread without having it stored on another website? If so, let me know and I'll post.

It does need to be on the web, yes. You could use ImageShack to upload your images to a web server. Its super simple. On the frontpage you browse to the photo you want uploaded and click post it. You will be given a link to your image. Its easy.

http://www.imageshack.us/

HTH ...

Ok, well...I'm not really sure about the answer to the car adapter.

YES it can be plugged in with the gps on the mount. However, it is going into the usb slot, and I don't think it's charger. I know with my PDA, there is the lightning bolt that shows when it is not using batteries. Should my 60c have the same thing? If so, then this charger doesn't work.

I will try to get a picture later in the day and post it.

A simple test would be to remove the batteries, plug in the charger, and try to power on the unit. :lol:

WOW--I guess I made a REALLY stupid comment, huh?

Anyhow, I tried it, and the charger does not work.

I took pictures, but I have to get ready for work, so I'll post them later!

As of late last week, Best Buy also had GPS V Deluxes on clearance for $199. I couldn't resist and finally upgraded from my old 3+.

City Select is much better than the old version of Roads & Rec that I was using. I have to get used to the differences in the two units though.