Carrying Batteries

I use rechargeable AAs for my GPSr and AAAs for my Palm (with Cachemate). I carry one set of batteries in each device and a spare set for each in my bag. On soem trips, I'll carry extra AAs .

I'm wondering if anyone have any clever means for storing and packing spare batteries. I'm using zip locksand rubber bands, but the must be a better way.

Thanks for the ideas.

I always carry the 4 AA battery holder box that Lil Devil linked to.

Recently when we went on our 1,800 mile trip to the Project APE cache in Washington I knew I was going to want a convenient way to carry a lot of spares so I ordered two of the "bandoliers" from Sissy-n-CR. I didn't think they'd actually arrive in time but somehow they got them to me in plenty of time and they work great. I marked one side with a "+" using a silver paint pen and I put the positive side facing that way for fully charged batteries, then when swapping out used nes I put the drained batteries in facing the other way.

check out this site - they sell the batteries with the containers and the containers also.

I just got some more in 6 battery holders.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?Page...PROD&ProdID=993

Also check out Sissy - great little holder - you can't make them for that - and she customizes too -

http://sissy-n-cr.com/store5.shtml

cc\

Edited by CompuCash

Throw your stuff in one of these:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...zrate_101764736

No worries, trust me. :o

And oh yeah, THE battery solution:

"Hi Gang!! As promised, I have finished the static drain down test of the Maha MH-C204W battery charger and the Energizer NiMH AA 2500 mAH battery combination.

The result is: 16 hours of continuous power supply. Field results will most likely be different due to on-off power cycles and increased power consumption by the processor when tracking and with WAAS enabled and processing. And of course using the back-light will dramatically affect the battery life.

However, IMHO 16 hours, even in a static test is not too shabby."

You're most welcome.

Edited by Team cotati697

First, everything that I take with me on hikes and geocaching which need batteries take AA's. Like the others have reported, I carry extras in my camera bag since it goes almost everywhere I go. I usually keep a couple of batteries in my jackets so if I should just off and cache without the camera I'd still have backup. All my batteries are recharable. However, I always keep a package of regular AA's in my car trunk. My batteries went dead ONCE when I use to carry no spares. That has never happened since then.