This Is Not Right-usa Coin Grab

Suziq

I own a USA coin that has is sitting on my desk in front of me. But this coin was grabbed by people in Geo woodstock. This coin was never released, I activated it but never released it.

How in the world did it show up in Florida

Now what do I do I dont want to piss a bunch of people off but I dont want these false entries on it either.

Any ideas would be apreciated.

That's pretty strange. There were a few coins and travel bugs logged into the event. I bet a coin was being passed around with a similar tracking number to yours, and a digit was copied wrong when someone wrote it down so that it matched yours. It could even be the case that other people who held it briefly for logging just asked their friend (who wrote a wrong digit) for the number instead of trying to read it from the coin, thereby giving multiple false finds. In fact, it looks like the two people who did grab it cache together (fishily similar names and many finds together).

It was most likely an honest mistake. I'm a nice guy, so I wouldn't want to punish them, but I can understand that it messes up the mileage. You might send them a friendly e-mail nd ask if they could double check the tracking code that they wrote down (since the coin is back in the event cache, I assume that they didn't hold on to it). Otherwise, if it doesn't bother you, is it possible to delete the log where it got put back into the Florida event so that the mileage gets erased? Maybe the two "finders" could keep the find out of good faith, but you just grab it back. Maybe even a small note in the coin logs could say it never crossed the country. ...Or you could just delete everything :lol: . I'm sure someone will come along with that argument any minute now...

edited to fix broken link.

Edited by fauxSteve

Ya I can. But I want to give the people who made the mistake a chance to fix it. Maybe they can get the right number and correct it. I wrote them both an e-mail and will give them a couple of days to correct there problem. I just thought it was unusual for this to happen. This is one of the problems with having the grab feature. They had to grab it from me to log it. It was not logged into the cache event. Of course it made it easy for me to grab it back.