Laptop And Gps- Com Port / Mice Problem

Hi!

I try to connect my new Furuno 32 to my Laptop. After starting PC (old Thinkpad I1400) the mousepointer gets crazy jumps around. I know that this topic was discussed earlier,but I couldn't solve my problem with the suggestions made there. I understand that it might be a IRC conflict???

I tried all the usual things, like first turn on GPS and then PC, but that didn't help.

I have W2000prof. My Laptop has 1 com port, 1 LPT, 1 old 0,4" and 1 USB.

When i lokk in the device manager there's no conflict. Com 1 is on "IR" 11 and mice device on "IR" 12. Port settings are as requested from the producer. I tried to change the Input/output range for the Com port and actually that worked for a while. But after restarting the problem occurred again. Maybe important to say that this problem doesn't occur when using my other GPS's (Magellan +etrex).

Any PC genius around who can help?

Medar

You haven't linked to your previous thread about your problem so I don't know what suugestioned were offered and what you have already tried. Are you using a serail mouse attached to the com1 port on your laptop or is there a separate mouse port?

Have you tried turning on the laptop then connecting your GPS?

It's odd that the problem only occurs with your Furino GPS.

okay, sorry not making it clear enough.

I found these two topics http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...l=noserialmouse and http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...topic=90784&hl= .

The problem occurs if I use the pinball mouse on the laptop and if I have connected the mouse via the a round "mouse port" (0.4 inc.(I don't know the propper name to that port).

Yes I have tried turing on the laptop when GPS was already switched on.

What I think is weired is that after changing the settings with Input/output range in the resources tab in the device manager , the GPS will work with the software until I switch off the PC and do a restart. Then I have the crazy mouse again.