Georadio Episode 4 And 4.5

Well,

before the "download show" option would open the box asking to save it to disk, or open it. Now it opens to a built in quicktime page with no option to save (Without quicktime pro)

I'm going to try a podcasting program, but would rather just do it the old way.

Joe Smith

before the "download show" option would open the box asking to save it to disk, or open it. Now it opens to a built in quicktime page with no option to save (Without quicktime pro)

that isnt something that i changed, you might have just installed quicktime and by default quicktime will try and open up .mp3's

you can always right click on the link and go to save as.

that isnt something that i changed, you might have just installed quicktime and by default quicktime will try and open up .mp3's

you can always right click on the link and go to save as.

Interesting,

I didn't change anything on my end. I looked in quick time for a setting to change that, couldn't find one.

It won't let me save it without upgrading to PRO, something i'm not going to do. I also can't get any podcast software to work. I'll try later on the PC, but I would rather have it on the iBook so I could take it around.

Thanks!

Joe Smith

My reply is for Joe Smith. If you are working on the Mac, then hold down control and click on the file. It should give you the option to download linked file. Then you can save it wherever you want. I hope this helps. Hooray for the Mac!

YES!!!!

Thank you very much

Joe Smith

(And yes, i am in love with the iBook)

I see an iMac and I want it painted black

No colors anymore; I want them to turn black

It's not a real computer; you've got to face the facts

When you're using a Macintosh your soul has turned to black

We have six "real" computers in addition to the two iBooks. Out of those six, five are laptops, and all but one of those are not working due to hardware or software problems. The macs have never flinched, and always work when I need it.

Short answer: I like both, but the apples are more reliable

The slogan on the main georadio.org page says, "Another way to satisfy your addiction". I was getting addicted to these shows, they are that good. I liked to listen to them on my iPod during the commute to and from work. I'm going through withdrawals over not being able to hear something that I was addicted to talking about the sport of geocaching that I'm addicted to. And the vicious circle continues...

Oh yeah, and my GPSMap 60C is at Garmin for repair so I can't go geocaching. Where shall I go? Whatever shall I do?

iTunes 4.9 (at least for Mac, not sure about PC) just came out with Podcast support. You may want to consider adding it to their podcast list so folks can get the latest added to their iPod when they sync it. You'll have to submit it to them through iTunes but worth a shot to see if they'll take it.

:rolleyes:

Sounds great; I can't wait for the next episode. I can definitely understand that it's hard to keep up a regular broadcast.

By the way, iTunes 4.9 is out for PC as well... the new Podcast feature is great, although they made it surprisingly difficult to use for custom feeds. (It only took me a minute or so to figure it out, but Apple is supposed to be really good at GUIs...) I'm sure they'll fix that later, though. If there's one thing Apple knows, it's multimedia.

Edited by Tidalflame