Does Anyone Else In Canada Collect Geocoins?

Dagg

Isn't collecting Geocoins bad karma or something?  I'd like to have one to keep, but isn't it frowned upon?

Some are like travel bugs and can be tracked. These shouldn't be kept.

Others are more like signature items or just good trading items and can be kept.

Edited by PDOP's

I have some Calgary Area Cachers geocoins that I would be interested in trading with anyone who has other types of coins. (other than Canada geocoins). These are numbered and can be tracked but at present we are only tracking them locally. Basically it's up to the owner what he wants to do with them so I'm willing to trade mine for other types.

I would trade with you Dagg, but I have seen your name on all the recent for sale lists that I have bought from.  Do you have any wooden nickels you want to trade?

First time I get to see someone ask for a wooden nickel, something never dreamed of 10 years or so ago. I wish I had a collection of coins but I don't even have one. Picked one or two up in a cache only to get it on it's journey though. Seen some of the collections some cachers have and I envy them. Someday... :lol:

Edited by ZoomZoom
First time I get to see someone ask for a wooden nickel, something never dreamed of 10 years or so ago. I wish I had a collection of coins but I don't even have one. Picked one or two up in a cache only to get it on it's journey though. Seen some of the collections some cachers have and I envy them. Someday... 

I make my own wooden coins. I have traded with other cachers from the States that have signature wooden coins. Most have sent me three or four coins in trade, so I have some extras to trade.

I didn't mean it as an offence of anykind, just that before geocaching came about...people use to say never accept a wooden nickel. Maybe that's before your time.

Cool that you make your own.

No, no, absolutely no offence taken. That is the problem with forums......you can't see the look on someones face when you are talking with them. :lol:

I had never heard that term before (never ask for a wooden nickle). Like you said, before my time. :o

SVXcacher Posted on May 29 2005, 05:52 PM

I found my first ever Geocoin today!

It's a Canada coin with a 2000 series number on it.

What do I do with it?

I expect I'll just trade it to another cache.

SVXcacher

Newmarket, Ontario 

Congrats on the find. You will have to go to this cache page, Canadian Geocoins. You can log your find and then hide it in another cache and log where you hid it.

I didn't mean it as an offence of anykind, just that before geocaching came about...people use to say never accept a wooden nickel. Maybe that's before your time.

Cool that you make your own.

No, no, absolutely no offence taken. That is the problem with forums......you can't see the look on someones face when you are talking with them. :lol:

I had never heard that term before (never ask for a wooden nickle). Like you said, before my time. :o

Oh Good! Now you make me feel old. :o

I found my first ever Geocoin today!

It's a Canada coin with a 2000 series number on it.

What do I do with it?

I expect I'll just trade it to another cache.

SVXcacher

Newmarket, Ontario

SVX you can go to the Canadian Geocoins website and look up the number stamped on the coin. If it is has been activated then it is likely the owners intention that it be moved to another cache and the find/hide be logged on the website.

If the coin's number is not activated then it is probably considered a trade-item and you may do what you wish with it.

Cheers, Olar

I would trade with you Dagg, but I have seen your name on all the recent for sale lists that I have bought from.  Do you have any wooden nickels you want to trade?

Nope no wooden nickles. I just collect coins.

I will post a list of the coins I have later today.

Have or in transit

Calgary

California 04

Migo

Georgia 05

Canada

USA 04

Washington 04

GBES 05

Germany

Conejo

Woodstock 3