AT Hiker Jeanette Seeking Geocacher Paul

well, you know, smell (or stink) is all relative...I would MUCH prefer the BO of a good clean thruhike, compared to the stench in my clothes (hair, etc) from being in a smokey bar for one night.....peeeeeyew - now that's a stink that can gag a skunk...!

(and p.s. if Paul can't handle the smell of a "real" woman, then he's probably gay anyway....NOT that there's anything wrong with that.....maybe someday Paul will also find his prince, and we'll ALL live happily ever after.....)

:D

I know when I was in the service that after three days in the field even the flies started staying away and our uniforms would stand up by themselves (and if you think I'm joking give it a try or ask someone else who did it . pwhew :D:wub:

I can't seem to get that nice, funny, handsome man out of my head! Paul, if you're out there, I'd love to hear from you, and to get to know you better.

Please email...for screening purposes, please insert in the subject line the make/color of the vehicle you were driving, the weather that day, and where you were heading to meet your friends.

:o

Black Chevy Tahoe, The weather was overcast and I was heading to the... Library to meet my friends. We are book nuts!

I feel the same, I felt my heart fluttering all the way to the library, my friends thought I was on drugs or something but I was high on you.

GPS_Paul....

I can't seem to get that nice, funny, handsome man out of my head!  Paul, if you're out there, I'd love to hear from you, and to get to know you better. 

Please email...for screening purposes, please insert in the subject line the make/color of the vehicle you were driving, the weather that day, and where you were heading to meet your friends.

:(

Black Chevy Tahoe, The weather was overcast and I was heading to the... Library to meet my friends. We are book nuts!

I feel the same, I felt my heart fluttering all the way to the library, my friends thought I was on drugs or something but I was high on you.

GPS_Paul....

So...Dave is just your nickname, then? :o;)

en buzz-cut the rest with my brother-in-law's beard trimmer to make it mega-low-maintenance for my AT hike

So tell us about the trip. You thru hike it? Or just out for a few days/weeks?

Set out to thruhike (GA-ME), currently off-trail recup-ing a hip that seems to be 30 years older than the rest of me...it declared mutiny about 70 miles into my hike. :)

BTW, briansnat, I see you're a neighbor. I'm currently at my sister's place in Butler.

You may want to read this book while you are waiting to get back on the trail. It's a real hoot. RM

en buzz-cut the rest with my brother-in-law's beard trimmer to make it mega-low-maintenance for my AT hike

So tell us about the trip. You thru hike it? Or just out for a few days/weeks?

Set out to thruhike (GA-ME), currently off-trail recup-ing a hip that seems to be 30 years older than the rest of me...it declared mutiny about 70 miles into my hike. :)

BTW, briansnat, I see you're a neighbor. I'm currently at my sister's place in Butler.

You may want to read this book while you are waiting to get back on the trail. It's a real hoot. RM

One of the funniest books I've ever read!

Like I keep telling all my single gal pals: ...you gotta check out this geocaching...it's raining men over here.....!!!!!

:)

No kidding. AND most of the guys here are nice guys. Although how much you can tell just from reading forum posts will have to be seen lol. Good luck and stick around.

I read it about a year ago, loved it, have since read many of Bryson's other books...Mother Tongue, A Short History of Nearly Everything, I'm a Stranger Here Myself, (Tales From?) A Sunburned Country...I can't get enough! :)

[black Chevy Tahoe, The weather was overcast and I was heading to the... Library to meet my friends. We are book nuts!

Nope, something like that, and nope...too bad, GPS_Paul/Dave! :D I'll keep you in mind, though! :)

Edited by DiemCarper
[black Chevy Tahoe, The weather was overcast and I was heading to the... Library to meet my friends. We are book nuts!

Nope, something like that, and nope...too bad, GPS_Paul/Dave! :D I'll keep you in mind, though! :)

I have to be honest, I'm not GPS_Paul, I'm GPS_Dave... I have a Silver/Gray/Green (depends on how the sun shines) 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan. I took the bench seats out of the back so I would have more room for my raft and other hiking gear. It was probably sunny the day you met paul and I was heading out to hike 10 miles with some other geocachers.

I too recently scalped myself (well, I left about a 1/4 inch) just for the summer and because I figured it would be cooler when I hiked.

Welcome to the boards and hopefully we can convince you to try out Geocaching.

Dave

This is starting to read like fiction. You guys sure you're not making this up? :D

:)

I'm not making it up, but if I do find Paul and it does end "happily ever after", maybe I'll sell the movie rights! :D Let's see...Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, maybe? Meg might not agree to a self-inflicted buzz-cut or gaining (ahem) a few pounds for the role, though...

You sound like a pretty cool chick...er, person. Why don't you post a picture of yourself for all to see

Well, I would, but I just can't figure out how to work that digital camera thingie... :) Actually, I only have one of those antique contraptions that uses something they called "film" that has to be (can you imagine??) "developed" into "prints"... and woodintchyaknowit, I don't have one of those scanner thingies! :D

I still use an antique camera too. When I have pics I want to spread around I go to Wal-Mart and use one of the DIY Kodak scanners and put them on a cd. I have only been very pleased with the out come.

When you and Paul get together maybe you can have a Geocaching themed wedding. Only put the coords on the invitations and get married somewhere on the AT. Trade items could be golf balls and McToys for wedding gifts, of course the log book would be a great guest book. :lol:

a Geocaching themed wedding. Only put the coords on the invitations and get married somewhere on the AT. Trade items could be golf balls and McToys for wedding gifts, of course the log book would be a great guest book.

HA!!! That is hi-larious!!!

a Geocaching themed wedding. Only put the coords on the invitations and get married somewhere on the AT. Trade items could be golf balls and McToys for wedding gifts, of course the log book would be a great guest book.

HA!!! That is hi-larious!!!

Ya mean like this? :lol:

Yeah, there is someone for everyone, if you're just willing to lower your standards enough. 

Yeah, ain't THAT the truth!

A few years ago, after a string of lousy/psycho dates, I modified my personal ad (yes, the HORROR of it all!) to say that I didn't want dates with men who were active alcoholics/addicts, CHRONICALLY unemployed (not as in downsized, but as in UNABLE to hold a job), living with (or looking for a replacement for) "mommy," or closet homosexuals ("not that there's anything wrong with that..." - but I don't want to date you).

I received many responses, some of them quite angry, asking me just who I thought I was to be so picky!!! Heaven forbid I wanted someone sober, employed (or employable), not a mamma's boy, and straight! The nerve!!

...A few years ago, after a string of lousy/psycho dates, I modified my personal ad (yes, the HORROR of it all!) to say that I didn't want dates with men who were active alcoholics/addicts, CHRONICALLY unemployed (not as in downsized, but as in UNABLE to hold a job), living with (or looking for a replacement for) "mommy," or closet homosexuals ("not that there's anything wrong with that..." - but I don't want to date you).

I represent that. :D:lol:

Yeah, there is someone for everyone, if you're just willing to lower your standards enough. 

Yeah, ain't THAT the truth!

A few years ago, after a string of lousy/psycho dates, I modified my personal ad (yes, the HORROR of it all!) to say that I didn't want dates with men who were active alcoholics/addicts, CHRONICALLY unemployed (not as in downsized, but as in UNABLE to hold a job), living with (or looking for a replacement for) "mommy," or closet homosexuals ("not that there's anything wrong with that..." - but I don't want to date you).

I received many responses, some of them quite angry, asking me just who I thought I was to be so picky!!! Heaven forbid I wanted someone sober, employed (or employable), not a mamma's boy, and straight! The nerve!!

Oh God, do NOT tell me any more stories like that.......it took my family and friends YEARS of coaching and prodding me to FINALLY "take the leap" and actually post my profile on match.com.....if you tell me any more dating horror stories, I will run away, hide under my bed (or more likely, hide in my work....), lock my chastity belt, and never be seen again......

:lol:

Oh God, do NOT tell me any more stories like that.......it took my family and friends YEARS of coaching and prodding me to FINALLY "take the leap" and actually post my profile on match.com.....if you tell me any more dating horror stories, I will run away, hide under my bed (or more likely, hide in my work....), lock my chastity belt, and never be seen again......

Its not all that bad. I met my wife through her personal ad. Though she says she had a bunch of clunkers and only called me because my picture fell on the ground when she threw all the responses in the trash. Her friend picked it up and said "Hey, this guy's cute, why don't you call him" (Her friend is obviously blind). So she called me and the rest is history. 10 happy years together.

Dear friends,

It's been a while, but I haven't forgotten all of you and your cute little thingies! No, I never did hear from Paul, but I thought I'd update you on a fun turn of events... two weeks ago, I did a Google search on jobs in a certain National Park, found something interesting, e-mailed the contact, and within ten hours of that Google search I was packed up and on the road to........

North 63, 32', 12" .0; West 150, 58', 49".7

(I only know these coords because this place is so remote that they're posted on the office wall in front of me for emergencies.)

So, if you're ever hunting down a cache in this neck of the woods, drop me a line! (Just be on the lookout for grizzlies, wolves, and mooses out here in my new back yard!)

Take care, you wonderful peeps, you!

Jeanette

sept1c_tank Posted on Jul 14 2005, 12:53 AM

Wow! That puts you within 50 miles of this cache

Yes but you need an Airplane or a several day Boat trip to get there. But the only Found Log does include the word "thingy".

Now this cache, (which is accessable from Highway 3) is only about 57 miles away. And it hasn't been found yet. But there are a few rocks (McKinley) in your path. You might have to go around.

How long do you figure it's going to take you to explore all 6 Million Acres?

...But there are a few rocks (McKinley) in your path. You might have to go around.

How long do you figure it's going to take you to explore all 6 Million Acres?

AROUND? Why walk all that way when it's only 20,000 feet each way to go OVER? ;) As far as exploring the park in its entirety, it's hard to say how long that might take...I've been here about two weeks and only TODAY did I actually see Denali in all her glory. I've spent most of my time in the Backcountry Lodge kitchen as pastry chef and dishwasher. But today's my Friday, and tomorrow I go backpacking at Wonder Lake. YIPPEEE!!! That'll be, what, maybe 20 acres down, just 5,999,980 to go. :D

Way-to-go, girl!

I hope your thingie is wrapped up real well. :DB);)

Thanks, sept1c_tank!!! Yep, it does get a wee bit chilly up here, I'll be sure and keep all my thingies bundled up, but would you believe I STILL don't have a GPS thingie of my own?!?! I'll have to bake quite a few cakes and scrub quite a few dishes to save up enough for a thingie that nifty. :D

How cool is that! Hey, if you ever find yourself back in NJ, send me an e-mail and I'll show you some great caches.

Thanks, briansnat! I would love to meet up with you and your family next time I'm in NJ. My family of 7 is spread around the country, but I'm most fond of my sister in Butler, so no matter where I wander off to, I tend to call NJ home. I'll probably be back to visit early next spring before I embark on AT attempt #2! ;)

Hey, yooz gize, I'm back! Caretaking now at the Denali Wilderness Lodge in the Wood River Valley, will be out here for 9 months of solitude, 40-odd miles from the nearest human. Will have occasional internet access when I fire up the generator, so get the word back out on my search for Paul and keep in touch, kay? (I haven't given a thought to Paul in a long time, but was just talking to the new owner here about planting a cache on our mountain and I got to thinking about the "old days" of last summer.

I'll look forward to some virtual company...I am a sociable hermette, after all!

Jeanette

Hey, yooz gize, I'm back! Caretaking now at the Denali Wilderness Lodge in the Wood River Valley, will be out here for 9 months of solitude, 40-odd miles from the nearest human. Will have occasional internet access when I fire up the generator, so get the word back out on my search for Paul and keep in touch, kay? (I haven't given a thought to Paul in a long time, but was just talking to the new owner here about planting a cache on our mountain and I got to thinking about the "old days" of last summer.

I'll look forward to some virtual company...I am a sociable hermette, after all!

Jeanette

That sounds like an awesome job.

Jeanette

Not to be disrespectful or anything, but I looked at your profile.

Why does this all seem awful familiar?

Anyway, I always thought that would be an awesome job!

Lots o' luck!

Ha! You just think you're way out away from civilization!

Hide and list a few caches around you and you'll have plenty of company... Denali will be crawling with geocachers with all manner of spiffy little thingies!

We'll go anywhere for cache!

What's that Bat Masterson said? "Have spiffy little thingy, will travel!"

Ed

Not Bat, that was Paladin

Have Thingy Will Travel reads the card of a man.

A knight without armor in a savage land.

His fast thingy for hire head's the calling wind.

A soldier of fotune is the man called Paladin.

What's that Bat Masterson said? "Have spiffy little thingy, will travel!"

Not Bat, that was Paladin

Have Thingy Will Travel reads the card of a man.

His fast thingy for hire head's the calling wind.

In post #31 she said:

... Seriously, though, it's been fun hangin' with my geocachin' homies and their spiffy little thingies!...

So it would be:

Have Spiffy Little Thingy Will Travel reads the card of a man.

His spiffy little thingy for hire head's the calling wind.

Dang, showing my age that I remember that show, and that I am too old to remember it right!

Haven't figured out the name yet, maybe she fishes - it's either 'grab the fish' or 'Day Seizer'!

CR - are you suggesting that we've been had?

Ed

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Dave is Paul? Paul is Dave? :D I think I need a program to figure out who the players are. :D

Well yeah sure, Pink is the new red, dave is the new Paul...

It's very cyclical...don't ask me to explain it....But I think it means that it's only a matter of time before we all start wearing corduroy again.... :D