Ultimate West Virginia Geocaching Vacation?

wvjeepers

Me and the wife are soon going on vacation across WV. We are looking for cache's close to the routes we will be taking. We are driving a Jeep with just a bikini top(lots of gadgets and no security), and we are limited on time, so the caches need to be fairly close to where we park. The plans are-

day 1: Logan WV to Babcock SP

day 2: Babcock SP to Blackwater Falls SP

day 3: Blackwater Falls SP to North Bend SP

day 4: North Bend SP to Huntington, WV

day 5: Huntington to Logan, WV

Looking for cache's near these areas(we'll be staying off the main roads) and other cool things to see if you know of any please share.

I am not familar with those state parks, but if you will be in Northern West Virgina, Coopers Rock SP is a great stop-- and there are several chaches there-- one of them requires a bit of fourwheeling to get to it, and there are some caves by the cache.

While you're at Blackwater, Canaan Valley State Park is just down the road and has some caches placed by the Park Rangers. I haven't visited any yet but you can look at this one and do a search for the nearby caches.

As far as North Bend, there have been a boatload of caches popping up near there.

Again, I haven't visited any in that area but you can search for the neaby caches from this one.

Have a good trip.

Not far from Blackwater Falls is the Maryland High Point. It's on a mjor road, but I really recommend that hike. What a view! Also, while you're in Blackwater Falls, be sure to check out the Elakala Falls. The trail starts from the lodge parking lot, and they're quite beautiful and more accessible than the main falls. Another good cache (yes, it's a virt) that I liked was Goldilock's Worst Nightmare. I don't know if you're going to end up anywhere near that one, but I liked it.

Coming from Blackwater toward North Bend, you're likely to go through Buckhannon - stop by my two caches there (in my profile) -- Cache of the Buckongehanon and Pringle Tree - the latter being fairly quick, the other a nice stretch of the legs.

Actually we just got back, The trip did'nt turn out as planned. Stayed 1 night near Hinton, 2 nights at babcock, and 2 nights at teays valley, with day trips throughout the stste everyday. I only got to add 4 caches too my total (should have been 5, I cache was missing) but we had a good time none the less.