Where Do You Go To Find The # Of Memebers?

I'm thinking there are about 392,000 registered accounts.

How'd I get this number? If you go to the bottom of the main forums page, you can see who is the most recently registered member (this is for the forums, but it's most likely a fairly new GC member, too.) If you go to their profile page, you'll see a user I.D. number at the end of the web address. I think that this number gives an accurate indication of how many accounts there are... I certainly could be way off on this one, though. :lol:

Edited by subterranean

There is something on the geocaching.com front page, most of the way down. But I think that's how many have logged a cache in a certain time period.

Although it does bring up an interesting thought. I would like to see some more stats, I'm a stat freak. Number of active caches, total caches since the site started, total members, number of logs, peak number of logs in a day, and all sorts of other useless info.

I'm a stat freak. Number of active caches, total caches since the site started, total members, number of logs, peak number of logs in a day, and all sorts of other useless info.

I have been wondering about that myself.

Also, is there a list of who has the most cache finds? It would be interesting to see the top 100 cachers or something similar.

I'm thinking there are about 392,000 registered accounts.

How'd I get this number? If you go to the bottom of the main forums page, you can see who is the most recently registered member (this is for the forums, but it's most likely a fairly new GC member, too.) If you go to their profile page, you'll see a user I.D. number at the end of the web address. I think that this number gives an accurate indication of how many accounts there are... I certainly could be way off on this one, though. :lol:

That doesn't always work. You won't get registered on the forums unless you visiit them. I didn't visit the forums for 2 years and when I visited them at the the bottom it said the newest member was Anonymous'

I'm a stat freak. Number of active caches, total caches since the site started, total members, number of logs, peak number of logs in a day, and all sorts of other useless info.

I have been wondering about that myself.

Also, is there a list of who has the most cache finds? It would be interesting to see the top 100 cachers or something similar.

Leaderboard. I'm #3098 and moving up fast!

Edited by briansnat
That doesn't always work. You won't get registered on the forums unless you visiit them. I didn't visit the forums for 2 years and when I visited them at the the bottom it said the newest member was Anonymous'

Granted, you need to check the start date for the user to be sure they recently signed up. I guess to get an accurate number you could sign up a sock puppet account and use that number.

...I'm not even sure the number at the end of the web address gives an accurate idea of total users. There are many assumptions involved (all accounts are given a number, the first number used was one, the next number used is always one more than the last, etc.) that may not be true.